Verbatim ( MCC 03RG20 ) Hub serial #?

vbimport

I had beautifully burn start hub serial MAPA New Packaging Verb DVD-R
but another New Packaging verbs are ( MIT ) start hub serial is MAP6
and bad burn quality :doh:
What is about MAP6 ???

I have a 100 disc spindle of Old packaging Verbatim MCC 03RG20 that also starts with MAP6 , so far , excellent , PIF is good and PIE is high (normal with Verbatim -R media) but jitter is AWESOME :

Here

[QUOTE=minaelromany;2006736]I have a 100 disc spindle of Old packaging Verbatim MCC 03RG20 that also starts with MAP6 , so far , excellent , PIF is good and PIE is high (normal with Verbatim -R media) but jitter is AWESOME :

Here[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the minaelromany :slight_smile:
but I can’t handle MAPA and MAP6 Quality difference :sad::a
six 25pack ( MAP6 ) :sad::a

Here is my scan MAPA Verbatim ( MCC 03RG20 ) [B]Post #410[/B]
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f43/post-your-plextor-760-dvd-quality-scans-here-187096/index17.html
and here two scan [B]MAP6[/B]

Here is second 25pack [B]MAP6[/B] :a
Verbatim DVD-R 16X ( MCC 03RG20 ) CMC Made WIP [B]New Packaging[/B] [B]MAP6[/B]
[B]LG GSA-H44L SB02[/B] …Nero CD/DVD Speed 4.7.7.15…Burn Speed 8X and 16X

Burnsama, what’s wrong with those burns?

They aren’t perfect but I’d accept them (especially since they’re just test discs) :stuck_out_tongue:

Here is a real 16X burn on a BenQDW1620. Its not great but its not bad either.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2006886]Here is a real 16X burn on a BenQDW1620. Its not great but its not bad either.[/QUOTE]

Thanks alan1476 :slight_smile:
I feel better now :iagree:
and very hard to find good Verb media :doh:

Don’t put too much emphasis on PIE/PIF figures with MCC 03RG20! :wink:

In real-world, these discs are extraordinarily compatible and reliable, even when showing so-so homemade scans, when lesser media showing prettier scans than that can actually reveal troublesome.

I’ll repeat once again that homemade scans shouldn’t be trusted as a method to compare or judge media, but only as a method to compare burners and burning methods with a given media, a well as (if conducted properly) a method to check media consistency, disc condition and possible degradation. The equation [prettier scan = better media] is very, very flawed and relies on faith, there is no actual demonstration whatsoever that there is a consistent positive correlation between media [I]actual[/I] performance and homemade PIE/PIF figures.

The real test for media quality is real-world… from TRTs to playing/copying, resistance to warping and scratches, compatibility with players and so on. :slight_smile: I’ll take these real-world qualities over pretty-looking scans anytime, which is why I’ve been more in love with MCC 02RG20 (when they were easily available) than with, say, TYG02.

With very, very controlled home testing methods, scanning CAN tell you about the media quality, but these controlled home testing methods are not easy to set up.

Oh, probably preaching in the desert again, but hey, you can’t blame me for trying… :bigsmile:

This said, I hate the jitter figures from the LG 16X burn. I’m not surprised, though, these LG burners seem to alays produce awfully high jitter (even in professional testing equipment).

[QUOTE=alan1476;2006886]Here is a real 16X burn on a BenQDW1620. Its not great but its not bad either.[/QUOTE]Alan is that disc a MAPA or MAP6?

Very frank, Francksoy, I agree !00%

MAPA.:cool:

Third 25pack [B]MAP6[/B] with PX-760A
Verbatim DVD-R 16X ( MCC 03RG20 ) CMC Made WIP [B]New Packaging[/B] [B]MAP6[/B]
[B]Plextor PX-760A v1.07[/B] …Nero CD/DVD Speed 4.7.7.15…Burn Speed 8X and 16X
Keep Going :bigsmile:

Your MAP6 MCC 03RG20 scans are almost identical with mine , the reason that I get lower jitter is because I burn them with Sammy 203B with MXL RG04 strategy , that gives me the <7% jitter figures , while wiith other burners and even 203B’s default MCC 03RG20 strategy I get <8% jitter as yours .

Try to scan a pressed DVD video disc and you would be surprised for high PIF/PIE numbers BUT jitter is again almost always very low and that is why I like to see lower jitter with (in range PIF/PIE) than higher jitter with very low PIF/PIE :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=minaelromany;2007125]Your MAP6 MCC 03RG20 scans are almost identical with mine , the reason that I get lower jitter is because I burn them with Sammy 203B with MXL RG04 strategy , that gives me the <7% jitter figures , while wiith other burners and even 203B’s default MCC 03RG20 strategy I get <8% jitter as yours .

Try to scan a pressed DVD video disc and you would be surprised for high PIF/PIE numbers BUT jitter is again almost always very low and that is why I like to see lower jitter with (in range PIF/PIE) than higher jitter with very low PIF/PIE :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info minaelromany :slight_smile:

P.S I like your Panasonic Brand TYG03 :iagree:

Burnsama, that 8x burn looks very nice. I’d always use that speed with that media+burner combination. 12x looks like the PIE change every time the drive re-calibrates. Could be fine but wouldn’t trust a strategy like that for super important data.

[QUOTE=cd pirate;2007243]Burnsama, that 8x burn looks very nice. I’d always use that speed with that media+burner combination. 12x looks like the PIE change every time the drive re-calibrates. Could be fine but wouldn’t trust a strategy like that for super important data.[/QUOTE]

Thanks [B]cd pirate[/B] for the good advice :slight_smile:
I use temporary data ( for 2 to 3 month )