Verbatim manufactured by Plasmon

I bought some 16x certified Verbatim CD-R media. They’re
manufactured by Plasmon (not Metal AZO). Are these good? I
know that Metal AZO media produced by Mitsubishi Chemical are
better, am I right?

Originally posted by vio_man
I bought some 16x certified Verbatim CD-R media. They’re
manufactured by Plasmon (not Metal AZO). Are these good? I
know that Metal AZO media produced by Mitsubishi Chemical are
better, am I right?

if you look at the metal azo cdrs it will say data life PLUS. that means they are manufactured by mitsubishi and they are good. yours will say “data life” only because they suck. always look for the data life plus and metal/super azo to be written on the cdr.

Sorry to dredge this up but I’m after some Mitsu Chems (a buck each is all I can find in Oz) but I have access to cheap Verbatim DataLifePlus superAZO 48x (20 for ~USD$5)

Are they really manufactured by Mitsu Chem?!

Originally posted by FutureProof
[B]Sorry to dredge this up but I’m after some Mitsu Chems (a buck each is all I can find in Oz) but I have access to cheap Verbatim DataLifePlus superAZO 48x (20 for ~USD$5)

Are they really manufactured by Mitsu Chem?! [/B]

I have the 40x Verbatim and:

This Disc is designed for CD-RW/COMBO Drive Only.
Disc Type, Material = CD-R, Cyanine
ATIP Lead-in = 97m 34s 23f
Norminal Capacity = 702.83MB (79m 59s 74f)
Disc Manufacturer maybe = Mitsubishi,Colombo
SMART-BURN Speed Limit = 40X

They will actually burn at 52x error free!

I have tried one piece of Verbatim 48x Super Azo: They are Mitsubishi (as all other DL Plus I’ve ever seen, incl. CD-R(W) and DVD-R(W)) and can be written at 52x

and can be written at 52x

If you check the media testing thread, (48x), you’ll see some nice Verbatim DLP coasters that were burned at 52x. Even at 48x, they’re marginal in my own drives. Others report better results, but I give them a 40x max speed.

Originally posted by cd pirate
yours will say “data life” only because they suck.

To my surprise Verbatim DataLife CD-Rs are sometimes made by Taiyo Yuden :D, too.
I’ve seen some Verbatim DataLife 32x that are Taiyo Yuden :slight_smile:

But in most cases they are “Made in India” or “Made in Taiwan” :frowning:

Originally posted by WebTech Inc
[B]

To my surprise Verbatim DataLife CD-Rs are sometimes made by Taiyo Yuden :D, too.
I’ve seen some Verbatim DataLife 32x that are Taiyo Yuden :slight_smile:

But in most cases they are “Made in India” or “Made in Taiwan” :frowning: [/B]

consider yourself extremely lucky if you end up with taiyo yuden.

Originally posted by FutureProof
[B]Sorry to dredge this up but I’m after some Mitsu Chems (a buck each is all I can find in Oz) but I have access to cheap Verbatim DataLifePlus superAZO 48x (20 for ~USD$5)

Are they really manufactured by Mitsu Chem?! [/B]

Hey there good buddy, pal, chum, friend,mate,cobber (crawl, crawl)… where in Oz do you get’em at that price?
Or shouldn’t I ask?:wink:

Edit:

Dick Smith Power House Woden ACT

FP

@rd: I have some Verbatim DLP 24x and 40x which show this behaviour:
I’m sure that Verbatim has 2 kinds of discs (40x and 52x) and randomly sells them as 24x, 40x or 48x

BTW This Verbatim 48x was considered 52x by Smart-Burn.

Originally posted by cd pirate

consider yourself extremely lucky if you end up with taiyo yuden.

I only buy Verbatim DataLife CD-Rs when they are “Made in Japan” :wink:

Just bought some with pastell colour coating (DataLife 32x in Slim Cases) :smiley:

Seems they are selling these Verbatim DataLife 32x CD-Rs a lot at the moment :bigsmile:

I tried the DLP superAZO 48 speeds last night in my ASUS 5242A[ul][]Can’t get past 40x in Nero (speed shown using the reg hack), either in the write speed selection list or even toward the end of a 79:30 write[]Clone shows me 56x LOL at about 74’[]Nero CDSpeed won’t budge past 46x and collapses at about 78’[]DiscJuggler times math-up to a useless average figure[*]Damn![/ul]

Maybe the Asus writer just dislikes them…

@FP
I’d say you’ve done well with those Azo discs. I just trundled down to the Dickie Smith store in the city, the only Verbatim discs they had were 10x re-writable ($4), made in Singapore.

Personally, I’d be very happy with the results you’re getting…then again, I haven’t got a 52x burner:bigsmile:

Originally posted by WebTech Inc
[B]

I only buy Verbatim DataLife CD-Rs when they are “Made in Japan” :wink:

Just bought some with pastell colour coating (DataLife 32x in Slim Cases) :smiley:

Seems they are selling these Verbatim DataLife 32x CD-Rs a lot at the moment :bigsmile: [/B]

Now,Verbatim (TY) pastel colour CDRs are on 40x -burn in 48x no
problem at all . Maybe best media ever tried by me .
Writing 22,5-49,5x CAV using Liteon 48125W