Verbatim Made In UAE!

Hello!

Yesterday I got 25-pack of Verbatim DVD-R, and they are Made In UAE. I never seen Verbs MIUAE. I will burn one soon. They have genuine Verbatim MID.

Serial is: B1FT A01A IA31090353 A14

wow that’s…not that unexpected :slight_smile:

Waiting for the first scans.

I think that we can expect also some MIUAE Verbatim DLs in a next few months.

Gotta ask is UAE United Arab Emirates? And which company makes the discs from UAE?

[QUOTE=Jedi Master Yoda;2276304]Gotta ask is UAE United Arab Emirates? And which company makes the discs from UAE?[/QUOTE]

yes, United Arab Emirates.
Falcon Tech Int. (FTI) makes those discs.

COOL!:clap:

Thats good news, after the MIC-disaster.:bigsmile:

Hope there will be CD-R Made in UAE also…

Not so great.

I will try to lower burn speed to 8x.

This one is burned 12x:

Other one, burned with LG H62N @8x:

Even worse :frowning:

[QUOTE=zivija;2276334]Other one, burned with LG H62N @8x:

Even worse :([/QUOTE]

:eek: My H62N loves MCC 03RG20 a lot so this is quite a surprise. :frowning: Here’s to hoping that the other burns will be better… :flower:

Even worse :([/QUOTE] That one is nasty!

I wonder how the +R variety burn. I gotta get me some of these :cool: (curiosity kicking in…)

My mum has an H62N in her machine, so I’d love to know how it likes the +Rs. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Womi;2276306]yes, United Arab Emirates.
Falcon Tech Int. (FTI) makes those discs.[/QUOTE]

Cheers.

Agreed those scans are not great, wouldn’t mind seeing how well a 116D burns them. If I see any I think i’ll steer clear and stick with the MIT and MII ones for now until I see some improvement or until more scans from different batches are about.

This time burned @8x, using Lite-ON:

Horrible :stuck_out_tongue:

Even worse :([/QUOTE]

I wonder if this is similar to the MII made Verbs, at some point they didn’t play nicely with a lot of drives/firmwares. Maybe (a couple of) burns with BenQ Solidburn or LiteOns equivalent can shed some more liteonit, so to speak.

I’m waiting for someone to get their hands on some of that Verbie UAE, and burn it with a real drive, like a Plextor PX-760A, a BenQ DW1640, a Pioneer DVR-115D, an Optiarc AD-7200A, a Samsung SH-S203N, or even a Lite-On DH-20A4P/H. The 20A3x drives are not known for their burning capability, and I lost most of my respect for LG when they started their “one drive, one firmware release” policy a few years ago.

Personally, if MCC 03RG20 Made in UAE doesn’t burn well on a (non-defective) modern LiteOn or LG drive, then I’d rather buy some that are Made in India or Taiwan and known to work.

Having good burns only on your “real” drives wouldn’t be enough in my book - I expect such media to perform well on almost any drive. (Which doesn’t include Matshita laptop drives).

[QUOTE=zivija;2276897]This time burned @8x, using Lite-ON:[/QUOTE]
Regarding the PIF count: that’s more like it :flower:
but that PIE count is a little insanse :eek:

@Negritude: I agree with Dragemeister, I don’t think it should be about what a “real” drive is: a good UAE/Falcon Verbatim should burn just as well in any drive as the current CMC Taiwanese verbs do, indeed given Falcon’s reputation for quality products, should be about as good as the old PAPA (or MAPA in this case) that were widely liked on these forums a few years ago.

I would now ask zivija to test his(/her?) drive with some 16x DVD-R MIT Verbatims and - as uber reliable discs for comparsion - some YUDEN000 T02.
Burn, scan and compare the results.

If the other discs burn well in the same setup - and if other people can demonstrate similar issues - then hopefully FTI will know what it should be doing over the next few months.

[QUOTE=SeanW;2277054]I would now ask zivija to test his(/her?) drive with some 16x DVD-R MIT Verbatims and - as uber reliable discs for comparsion - some YUDEN000 T02.
Burn, scan and compare the results.

If the other discs burn well in the same setup - and if other people can demonstrate similar issues - then hopefully FTI will know what it should be doing over the next few months.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is his drive :slight_smile:

I have no problems with other discs, I have lot of TY media, and I got better results with Verbatim DVD-R MIC (I had them before).

Here is another scan, this time using Lite-ON with FHT & OHT enabled. Burn speed is 8x.

I think that this batch is unstable.