Verbatim made in China

vbimport

Hey,

I bought the following DVD-R: http://www.luxdisc.com/verbatimdvdr47gbazo16x100stckincakebox-p-5339.html?language=en&osCsid=fd94ad228860a9e73343cfdfb8a36e04
Nero InfoTool says, that MCC 03RG20, like it is said in the description of the article.

I used a lot of verbatims until now (with good experiences), but they were made in Taiwan

The ones I bought now are made in CHINA I’m thinking to send them back (without testing) if you tell me that they are not good.

The first negative thing is that they smell Is that normal? I don’t remember that my Verbatims made in Taiwan smelled … :confused:

I’m thankfull for any help :bow:

Well, my CMC MIT Verbs smell too, but i like it:) And there’s nothing wrong with MIC Verbatim, they don’t scan so good, but their compatibility is still great (with standalone players for example).

Sorry for my newbie question :wink: but what does “CMC” stands for? (I’m from germany)
MIC stands for Made in china, right?

[QUOTE=Jaydon;2455708]Sorry for my newbie question :wink: but what does “CMC” stands for? (I’m from germany)[/QUOTE]
CMC = CMC Magnetics, one of Verbatim’s OEM manufacturing partners. Actually, only a small fraction of Verbatim branded media is made directly by Mitsubishi Kagaku Media (the owner of the “Verbatim” brand), the most is made either by CMC Magnetics or Moser Baer India.

[QUOTE=Jaydon;2455708]MIC stands for Made in china, right?[/QUOTE]
:iagree:, all MIC Verbatims are made by CMC’s Chinese subsidiary.

I have my Verbatims DvDs as you can see in the image, i have tried anther brand DvDs and i have to say my verbatims are fantastic, way better than any other DvDs i have tried because i use to burn large image files 7GB and 8GD but i am not sure if my brands are chines or not so take a look at the pictures there are some Chinese letters in the back of the DvDs

Ah ok, thanks for that Info.
Can you also tell me if there are quality differences between the Verbatims made in [B]Taiwan [/B](and some in Singapore) like all my verbatims before and the ones made in [B]China[/B]?

Edit: Wow those are big scans…maybe you can make them a little bit smaller :smiley:

On the first scan, is there anything to the right to the text? There, on my boxes, it is mentioned were it is made.

Quality scans show, that MIT Verbatim is significantly superior to the MIC ones… but i think that’s negligible, compatibility and playback is still top-notch.

[QUOTE=Jaydon;2455716]Ah ok, thanks for that Info.
Can you also tell me if there are quality differences between the Verbatims made in [B]Taiwan [/B](and some in Singapore) like all my verbatims before and the ones made in [B]China[/B]?

Edit: Wow those are big scans…maybe you can make them a little bit smaller :smiley:

On the first scan, is there anything to the right to the text? There, on my boxes, it is mentioned were it is made.[/QUOTE]

Hummm, i really don’t know if there are any quality differences, that’s why i pictured them :slight_smile:

Yes … made in Singapore take a look at the picture

Sorry i didn’t see the text i was rushing :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=Sanyifashion;2455724]Quality scans show, that MIT Verbatim is significantly superior to the MIC ones…[/QUOTE]

oh ok :frowning: That is not [I]so[/I] because I also use them to archivate more or less “important” data (additionaly to external hard drive)

hmm…so if we ficionally say the MIT-ones are 100 % quality, what would “significantly” superior mean? That the MIC for example are around 50% compared to the MIT ones?

I’d say it fluctuates between 30% and 60%, depending on different batch and burner combinations… but others maybe disagree with me:P
I don’t know about long-term stability, but it’s original MCC 03RG20, so i think you can entrust even your important data to it…

Ah ok…does anyone here have some quality-scan-results of those verbatims or additional experiences?

Actually the Singapore made discs are excellent. Not in the same category as China nor TW at all.

[QUOTE=CDR Sam;2455791]Actually the Singapore made discs are excellent. Not in the same category as China nor TW at all.[/QUOTE]
They sure are, i tried Imation DvD+DL to burn a 7GB file the dvd works but it freeze 3 time for each time i ensert the DvD
whereas Verbatim it never freezes… the results are obvious!!

Verbatim 10/10

Imation 7/10

[QUOTE=Jaydon;2455766]Ah ok…does anyone here have some quality-scan-results of those verbatims or additional experiences?[/QUOTE]

If [B]this[/B] is 100%, then [B]this[/B] should be 30% or less, and [B]this[/B] is 60% maybe…
Feel free to browse the Blank DVD media tests forum, plenty of scans there…

BTW i tought that they make only DL discs in Singapore:p I never seen any MIS MCC 03RG20…

[QUOTE=Sanyifashion;2455872]If [B]this[/B] is 100%, then [B]this[/B] should be 30% or less, and [B]this[/B] is 60% maybe…
Feel free to browse the Blank DVD media tests forum, plenty of scans there…

BTW i tought that they make only DL discs in Singapore:p I never seen any MIS MCC 03RG20…[/QUOTE]
The only problems with the links you post is that they are different drives doing the burns and the scans, so the 30% could come out 100% in my drives, (I have very good low speed burning drives) and then my 100% come out at 50% in another…

Not seen any UAE made, but all the MiI I have been getting are very good almost looks like they are better with each batch.
I also thought that MKM marked verb media was from the Singapore plant, as I am sure I read that is was called the Mitsubishi Kagaku Media plant.

[QUOTE=Lenny_Nero;2456896]The only problems with the links you post is that they are different drives doing the burns and the scans, so the 30% could come out 100% in my drives, (I have very good low speed burning drives) and then my 100% come out at 50% in another…[/QUOTE]

As i said before, this percent is depending on burner and batch combinations. Anyway, i was just playing with numbers here, do not take it too seriously… And this is only my experience, but here it is: two burns with the same drive, it’s clear wich one is the better:p MIT, MIC
I don’t know about your drives, but it doesn’t really matter, i know there are better burners than mine, oh and i doubt that you could get that quality out of any MIC -R Verb:P (But there should be one exception in everything, i dare you to show me one:))
BTW forgive me if we don’t have the same quality scanning drive, i think everyone who’s a little bit into scanning knows what’s a good scan with his/her drive:p

Not seen any UAE made, but all the MiI I have been getting are very good almost looks like they are better with each batch.
I also thought that MKM marked verb media was from the Singapore plant, as I am sure I read that is was called the Mitsubishi Kagaku Media plant.
I don’t really like Indian made discs after the TDK disaster… At least they are more careful with Verbatim discs, although there are huge batch differences, i mean there are spindles with almost questionable quality, and then there’s one medium in a jewel case with a fantastic scan…
Yes, they make the MKM DLs in Singapore, but pepst mentioned that soon some UAE made DLs will show up too…

[QUOTE=Lenny_Nero;2456896]The only problems with the links you post is that they are different drives doing the burns and the scans, so the 30% could come out 100% in my drives, (I have very good low speed burning drives) and then my 100% come out at 50% in another…[/QUOTE]

Yep that is 100% correct so what works on one drive may not work so good
on another drive. Just like my 3 Samsung SH-S203B’s all in the same system
each one of them has it own burning character and scanning character even
with the same exact FW on all 3 of them and when burning the same media
from the same stack. What it all comes down to is playability and compatibility
so like the saying goes take the quality scans with a grain of salt and do not
rely on them only to make a decision wither MIC or MIS or MIT or MII is better
than the other one is. :disagree:

hi have the dvd-r made in china disks proven to be stable now?

thats all i can find in my local shop

thanks

[QUOTE=blade2005;2616192]hi have the dvd-r made in china disks proven to be stable now?

thats all i can find in my local shop

thanks[/QUOTE]Yes, they should be fine.
They may have a slightly higher PIE rate when burned, but that’s more or less an academical dispute that shouldn’t affect playback compatibility or stability.