Verbatim made in China, are they any good

vbimport

Hi, please excuse my ignorance, i’ve been using Verbatim CD-R’s which were made in india, i’ve read many post on other forums regarding Verbatim CD-R and DVD+R disc and that if there not made in Japan they are inferior.

Are the one’s made in China any good or should i avoid them and take them back, it seems impossible to find the one’s made in Japan, what is the best alternative if this is the case, would really like to know the truth about good and bad CD-R’s and the best place to buy them etc, thanks for your help.

[quote=rogue212;2084259]Hi, please excuse my ignorance, i’ve been using Verbatim CD-R’s which were made in india, i’ve read many post on other forums regarding Verbatim CD-R and DVD+R disc and that if there not made in Japan they are inferior.

Are the one’s made in China any good or should i avoid them and take them back, it seems impossible to find the one’s made in Japan, what is the best alternative if this is the case, would really like to know the truth about good and bad CD-R’s and the best place to buy them etc, thanks for your help.[/quote]
I don’t think verbatim are made in China. They are made in taiwan, made in india and made in singapore. Try and get the made in taiwan ones or find the pastel coloured ones. Now the ones made in japan are made by taiyo yuden but have the verbatim name and they are called cd-r verbatim pastel 5 colours. I know you new and this your first post but you would get more help if you started this thread in the blank media section of the forum. Well it up to you if you return the made in china and exchange for different ones

Hi and Welcome![quote=rogue212;2084259]
Are the one’s made in China any good or should i avoid them and take them back, it seems impossible to find the one’s made in Japan, what is the best alternative if this is the case, would really like to know the truth about good and bad CD-R’s and the best place to buy them etc, thanks for your help.[/quote]I am sure, this thread might be helpful to answer your question:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f33/verbatim-super-azo-cd-r-made-china-elsewhere-220665/

This is history. There are MiC Verbatim DVD blanks, that hit the market recently, and there are also MiC Verbatim CD-R available.

Michael

The only “Japanese” Verbatim available is primarily in Europe where Verbatim sells rebadged Tayio Yuden 16x DVD Rs.

However, these are not held in high regard by many cdfreak’s here.

I’ve used both MII and MIT (Made In India and Made In Taiwan) DVD+Rs from MCC/Verbatim, and I find both to be quite excellent. I will soon be trying out some MIS Dual Layer (Made In Singapore).

About MIC, I really don’t know.

I had about 10 +R dvd’s made in China, and every one had bad results, so try to stay away, or get them if you want to experiment with them.

[quote=SeanW;2084398]The only “Japanese” Verbatim available is primarily in Europe where Verbatim sells rebadged Tayio Yuden 16x DVD Rs.

However, these are not held in high regard by many cdfreak’s here.[/quote]This does not apply to Verbatim Pastel CD-R media, which is considered one of the best CD-R discs available. I have no idea, if they are available outside Europe.

About MIC, I really don’t know.
[B]Datalife +[/B] CD-R MiC seem to be very good. MiC CD-R of other Verbatim media series (they have also “Extra Protection” here in Europe) is just average stuff.

MiC DVD media don’t look promising at the moment, so I would stay clear of those.

Michael

[quote=mciahel;2084414]This does not apply to Verbatim Pastel CD-R media, which is considered one of the best CD-R discs available. I have no idea, if they are available outside Europe.
[/quote]
I live in Canada and was able to get them from blankmedia.ca and they made by Taiyo yuden.

do not get the made in china verbatim. i tried 10+ disc and the results are random, frfom disc quality 20 to 90, averaging around 50. only 2 disc came in 95(%) and above. never get mic verbatim!! it is totally useless LOl, unless u wanna burn a movie to watch

I have one spindle of MIC (CMC-made) MCC004 - while scans aren’t as pretty, TRT and playback of the discs isn’t a problem. I would use them again.

[QUOTE=rogue212;2084259]Hi, please excuse my ignorance, i’ve been using Verbatim CD-R’s which were made in india, i’ve read many post on other forums regarding Verbatim CD-R and DVD+R disc and that if there not made in Japan they are inferior. [/QUOTE]

I have had good results with MIC Verbatim CD-R. The MIJ
Verbatim CD-R are probably the best you can buy, but
the Chinese one are reasonably good.

DVD +/-R is a different matter. Verbatim DVD+R (MCC004) made
in India or Taiwan is usually quite good. I have a slight preference
for the Indian ones because they tend to be a bit more consistent.

I can’t think of a good reason to recommend Japanese made
Verbatim DVDs. They are usually of reasonably good quality,
but they tend to be inconsistent from batch to batch and they
usually cost more than the MII or MIT alternatives.

Anyone has some idea? The spindle packing looks almost the same as the made in taiwan ones except that I think it comes in multi-colors for the media. :bow:

Forgot to mention, it’s the 16x type. Any idea if it uses MCC dye? I have confidence in the Japan and taiwan ones. But this is new to me.

See this thread: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f33/verbatim-made-china-they-any-good-247556/

[found using the search function. ;)]

[QUOTE=Arachne;2085492]I have one spindle of MIC (CMC-made) MCC004 - while scans aren’t as pretty, TRT and playback of the discs isn’t a problem. I would use them again.[/QUOTE]
How can CMC media be MCC004?

[QUOTE=Albert;2087850]See this thread: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f33/verbatim-made-china-they-any-good-247556/

[found using the search function. ;)][/QUOTE]
Thanks, so I presume MIC ones are of CMC dye and not MCC?

[QUOTE=Bloodlust;2088124]How can CMC media be MCC004?[/QUOTE]

CMC Magnetics made MCC004 media for Verbatim (along with MBI and Prodisc), they are using a MKM stamper & dye. MKM does make only a very limited amount of media now by itself, the rest is outsourced from mentioned manufacturers.

• Merged threads * *

[QUOTE=Bloodlust;2088124]How can CMC media be MCC004?[/QUOTE]

LOL. See pepst’s reply above this one. MCC004 can also be made by MBIL (Moser Baer India Limited) and Prodisc. I’ve also had good luck with those two. :wink:

I personally would stay away from Verbatim media made in China (outsourced to CMC MAG).
I’ve also seen CMC MAG AM3 made in China (purchased in Australia) and the results were horrible.