Verbatim Identification

I recently buyed myself a new Spindle of Verbatim DVD’s, this Spindle was different from the Spindle I’ve had before for example his bottem is nog not equal but has cartel all over, and there also isn’t any tekst on the top so I neither can check the font.

I’ve checked the Media with DVD Identifier and this says

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R:YUDEN000-T03-000]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD+R] - [Not Available]
Manufacturer Name : [Taiyo Yuden Co. Ltd.]
Manufacturer ID : [YUDEN000]
Media Type ID : [T03]
Product Revision : [Not Specified]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,295,104 Sectors = 4.70 GB (4.38 GiB)]
Recording Speeds : [1x-2.4x , 4x , 6x-8x , 6x-16x]

[ DVD Identifier V5.0.1 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

Previously I’ve had Media Type MCC04 and Manuactory Mitshubishi Chemicals.

But now I want to know which one is better, couse I heard many people Saying that the Mitshibishu Chemicals are there favorites but I always thought that Taiyo Yuden was top Notch.

Both should be good, but most people seem to prefer MCC 004.

YUDEN000T03 can be as good as MCC004, but that distinction seems to be reserved for the unbranded or Plextor-branded variety. The Verbatim T03 discs, from what I’ve seen, aren’t quite at that top tier level but still better than most media.

Yes, I agree. It will depend on your burner, however.

My Matshita UJ-840S laptop drive hates burning almost every DVD media including MCC 004, and the only two I have found that it likes are TYG03 (OK) and YUDEN000 T03 (Good).

But in general both are good, with MCC 004 having an edge in compatibility over YUDEN000 T03 in my experience.

I have only tested two cakeboxes (25pc TH000021 and 50pc TH000037) of Verbatim branded T03, but none of them were as good as my Plextor branded T03, one significant difference being that the Plextors had no surface defects at all while the Verbs had some surface defects especially near the outer edge.

I’ve also had MCC 004 with similar surface defects, and plenty of other media with surface defects - DVD quality just isn’t what it used to be (but neither is the price).

Speaking of MIJ Verbatims, I found something interesting on one of the Korean optical media sites I have bookmarked:
http://www.dvdrwinfo.net/bbs/zboard.php?id=fieldtest&no=985

I’ll bet we’ll never see those in the States. Same packaging worldwide, but different products still :a :a

I can also confirm that with Panasonic TYG03 , Sony D21 MIJ and Sony T02
Verbatim MCC004 however has these defects (Prodisc and CMC made) although they scan very good .
Another thing is the Verbatim spindles (except for MIJ TY) , they feel very cheap while Panasonic / Sony and even TDK feel and look excellent at least for 25/50 packs of Sony /25 packs of Panasonic and 10/25 of TDK
Verbatim 100 packs look and feel like crap :Z