Verbatim DVD-R's white speck on disks!

i have recently brought a 50 pack of Verbatim DVD-R’s (Taiwan)
and have found that most of the disks have 1 or 2 white specks on them and they wont wipe off

so today i brought a pack of 25 Verbatim DVD-R’s (Taiwan) from a different shop and they also have the white speck problem:(

is this a common problem with these disks?

thanks

I’ve had a few instances where there were white specks/dust, and while most of them were wipeable/blown away by air, some of them can’t be removed without disc-marring force. It’s not common, but also not rare.

Mostly I just try and see if I get good burns out of these “dirty” discs, simply because I’m a cheapskate and I want to get my money’s worth. :stuck_out_tongue: I get lucky most of the time since they don’t affect my burns that much. :wink: YMMV though.

ok, ill give them a try and see if they play back without any jumping/skipping

are made in Singapour -R verbs good? also are they the MCC dye?

thanks

Made in Singapore Verbatim media are considered to be the best quality discs, and if it is Verbatim-branded you are assured an MCC/MKM dye/stamper technology. (for DVDs at least) :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=evo69;2211606]if it is Verbatim-branded you are assured an MCC/MKM dye/stamper technology. (for DVDs at least) :p[/QUOTE]
Unless it is “Pearl white” discs.

Ah yes, if it is Made in Japan it is Taiyo Yuden then. Forgot about that one tiny bit. :wink:

I haven’t run across Pearl Whites, but they say it can be anything from CMC to Ritek discs. These are 8x only though, from what I’ve read. These you should obviously avoid!

Pearl white 8x = Ritek/CMC
Pearl white 16x =MCC