Verbatim dvd-r

vbimport

:o hi folks hope i’m in the right room
i buy my dvd-rfrom asda in 100 tubs just lately i’ve had 2 programmes say the disc is not BLANK when the pack has just been opened :sad::sad:thinking what do i do:confused:

Do any other packs of blank discs do the same thing?

Or it might be a piece of software interfering: can you list the burning apps (Nero etc…) or virtual drive software (MagicISO, Daemon Tools, alcohol etc) you have installed at the moment?

Might be something simple like a setting needs altered. :slight_smile:

well i’m burning with idealdvd copy or dvdfab at the moment so far it spat out 5 discs now saying disc not blank
dunno what make will look i have nero installed nero 11:rolleyes:

far as i know the drive is working properly
yes same problem different pack but verbatim

currently using
ATAPI DVDW DH16WIP ATA DEVICE
wdc wd1600bb 22rda0ata whatever that mean

but i use dvdfab and idealdvd copy:doh:

Hmm, no virtual drive or emulation software at all? I don’t have any experience with Ideal DVD Copy, so no idea if that could be the culprit or not.

Nero’s InCD component, if installed, can make things a bit squiffy.

I’ve got DVDFab installed myself, and have no issues, so doubt that could be a problem.

Try downloading ImgBurn, and slip a blank Verbie in the drive - does ImgBurn say the disc’s not blank?

Have you tried the same discs in another drive - say, on a friend’s PC? If so, do they burn correctly?

yes they do the same thing on my new pc:(

I’d try a small pack of a different brand, or see if you can beg a couple of different discs off a mate, and try those next.

If they work, I’d take the Verbies back to Asda for a refund if they’re recently bought. Alternatively, you can return the pack to Verbatim as I believe they offer a lifetime warranty (someone correct me if I’m wrong there though!). :iagree:

:sad::sad::sad::sad::bow::bow::a:a:a I am peeeeeddddd off with this

Long shot, but did you do anything different software-wise just before the problem started?

Did the problem start halfway through a spindle of discs, or when you started a fresh one?

Also, is the same software installed on both your old and new PCs? Might be time for a full list of any software installed: check Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs (XP) or Programs and Features (Vista) for this. Not sure what the list is called in Win 7.

I agree on the check with ImgBurn to see if it says “Blank”.
I have Nero 9 . It has both Nero InfoTool & Nero Disc Speed in its tool kit.
Both should show if the disc is "reading " blank.
Nero 11 probably has something.
On your computer with the ATAPI DVDW DH16WIP ATA DEVICE I beleive that is an OEM version of a Lite On . I had one & it always had problems .
Do both your computers have this drive ? Not likely but I thought I would ask.
I would recommend you replace that drive any way.

no my other pc is new the one i’m using now I was given when i put a disc in you can hear it spinning know nil about software saying that some of the discs worked at other pc not all:confused:

A definite way to rule the Verbies in or out would be to try a different disc brand - as I say, even if it means begging a disc or two off a mate.

Ok now i’ve been noticing a strange mark around the centre of the disc like if thou it’s been burned now thios is on a few
i do know about the single thin line but this is as thou the disc been burned for a while i’ve noticed this now could this be the fault??:iagree:

[QUOTE=cholla;2615476]I agree on the check with ImgBurn to see if it says “Blank”.
I have Nero 9 . It has both Nero InfoTool & Nero Disc Speed in its tool kit.
Both should show if the disc is "reading " blank.
Nero 11 probably has something.
On your computer with the ATAPI DVDW DH16WIP ATA DEVICE I beleive that is an OEM version of a Lite On . I had one & it always had problems .
Do both your computers have this drive ? Not likely but I thought I would ask.
I would recommend you replace that drive any way.[/QUOTE]
right well did nero 10 disc speed and saying no disc inserted on a few!!!