Verbatim DVD-R or Ridata DVD-R

My experience with store bought media is horrible. So I usually buy Ridata or sometimes Taiyo Yuden. I had a chance to go to Sam’s club and they have Verbatim 16x White Inkjet Printable, 100-Pack for 29.00$ how is the quality of verbatim vs Ridata?

I always see Verbatim has great reviews on this site. But was wondering if it’s hit or miss with this brand.

Inkjet printable Verbatims are pretty good and will be a better choice for keeping your data safe. I stopped using Ridata when they released those self-destructing discs (G05) to the public. Recent Verbatim 16x DVD-R (MCC 03RG20) have high PIE when used with some drives but are known to have good compatibilty and stability.

I’d definitely recommend Verbatim, and strongly dissuade you from using sketchy Ridata from now on. TY media is always recommendable too! :slight_smile:

Thanks Evo69. I’m really new at burning. I went to the other section to,“blank DVD media” and some other threads but I can’t translate the date to usable information for myself yet. I know on the Nero charts you want a consistent curve.

I was also experimenting with HP dvd-r media from staples. The major issue I have is sometimes I don’t have an option for more then 8x. Sometimes 16x. Sometimes 12x why can’t the HP dvd-r give me a consistant burn speed in Nero? I guess thats another question.

If the Verbatims you see are Made In Taiwan, and have “AZO” on the packaging, grab them. Greedily. With both hands :slight_smile:
Verbatim + Taiyo Yuden FTW!

As for HP DVD media - you may have hit on something there: many media sellers simply put their name on the products of different companies. Your HPs might be a mix of CMC MAG and other media products where the manufacture was “outsourced” and the remote maufacturer simply but the branders name on their own discs.
It’s quite possible that the reason your HPs burn at differing speeds is because the discs are of differing disc models. Most here don’t burn DVDs at 16x anyway, and recommend limiting burn speeds to 12x, 8x, some even 6x.

Yes, I usually only burn at 12x sometimes 8x. It’s just strange. They also say AZO on them. So I guess I will buy more:)

Thanks

[QUOTE=arce;2233555]Yes, I usually only burn at 12x sometimes 8x. It’s just strange. They also say AZO on them. So I guess I will buy more:)

Thanks[/QUOTE]
Look on the package for the [B]country [/B]of origin.

Reading the reviews for the various Verbatims (orange pack, blue pack, India, Taiwan etc.) that NewEgg sells can be quite an eye opener and very confusing. Seems almost as many hate them as like them.

[QUOTE=SeanW;2233550]If the Verbatims you see are Made In Taiwan, and have “AZO” on the packaging, grab them. Greedily. With both hands :slight_smile:
Verbatim + Taiyo Yuden FTW!

[/QUOTE]

Found these in both + & - at best Buy tonight (AZO made in Taiwan).