Verbatim DVD-R or DVD+R 16x for burning movies

vbimport

I am trying to decide between the buying the Verbatim DVD-R 16x or DVD+R 16x for burnings. Between the two, which disc is the better quality, and which disc is preferable for burning movies/TV shows. Also, which would play back better after the burnings. Thanks

I also have an Asus 1603P3S (flashed to Pioneer-111L), so it can automatically set the DVD+R to DVD-ROM.

I actually use both for video, and honestly can’t tell any difference between them in compatibility, although if forced I would go with MCC004 :slight_smile:

They are both excellent, I get slightly better results with the +R’s. I burn at 12x.

I tend to go for the +Rs, just personal preference. :slight_smile:

I use both. For recording, the -Rs go into my standalone Panasonic DVD recorder, while the +Rs go into my computer’s DVD burner.

Me too. :iagree:

The 16x DVD-R Verbies are also very good, however.

This is a CMC made Infiniti MCC 03RG20 disc, burned at 12x on a LiteOn LH-18A1P. Excellent quality disc IMHO :slight_smile:

Oh, that’s very nice :clap:…gotta love that Infiniti media :bigsmile:

O/T

Infiniti appear to be using TTH02 for some of the 50 packs of Pro 16x -R discs - might risk it, as I need some media, and the 50 packs of CMC 16x -R Verb’s near me are £18.00 :eek:

O/T

:eek:…I never had much luck with those. :slight_smile:

They should be A-Grade TTH02 though, Arachne and they seem to be stable - unlike the TDK crap :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, they’re CMC, not MBI, made - remember my problems with my 1655 :eek: (all due to the fact MBI can’t make the media to the original specs :disagree:

Link to reviews: eBuyer

You’ll have to post scans if you get them :wink:

Back on topic, not as nice as yours Kev, but I sacrificed one of my lovely Infiniti MCC004s :slight_smile:

Burned at 18x on a Sammy SH-S182D with the new SB05 firmware.

Not a bad burn Arachne! The jitter is a tad high but for an 18x burn, what more can you ask for?

A more important question now, where do I find myself that cdspeed [B]4.7.5.0[/B] you are using??? :smiley:

Ooh I also see it’s scanning jitter at 8x. What a nice surprise!

Yeah the important people have that beta version of CDSpeed. The 8x jitter scanning seems to show a higher jitter level, so a 4x jitter scan would show less :slight_smile:

This version of CDSpeed has not (yet) been released to the public, so I’m afraid you’ll have to wait for the next release.

Yep, I should’ve scanned that disc at 4x as advised in another thread. I think Dicer’s right about the jitter - another reason for me trying a 4x scan is to see if that jitter jump occurs, as it has in every 8x scan I’ve done so far :slight_smile:

Or you can mod the title bar of a Nero CD-DVD Speed 4.7.0.2 yourself with WinSpy to make your very own version of Nero CD-DVD Speed just like I did once :wink:

[B]Arachne[/B], what about a 16x scan? :flower:

Oh how did I know someone was gonna say that :wink:

One 16x scan coming up :flower:

Edit: here you go :slight_smile:

Yuck! :eek:
Is the TRT good at least?

The TRT is flawless. :slight_smile:

Edit: what, no thankyou? :bigsmile: