Verbatim dvd+/-r on playstaion2

Is Verbatim a good brand to get to make backups of my ps2 games? If so should I get + or - dvdr?

IMO verbatim is the best brand for ps2 backups and DVD-R is more compatible especally with older ps2 versions…
btw you will need a modchip or other boot method to play the games…

verbetam is about the best media period…other than maybe maxell.

Originally posted by Jamos
verbetam is about the best media period…other than maybe maxell.

That’s a pretty broad statement, considering that Verbatim doesn’t make media. There are are at least 4 or 5 different types of media being sold in any one Verbatim product line, so generalized statements are not possible.

With regard to the original question, you will have to try it and see.

Verbatim is produced by Mitsubishi.
Not surprisingly Verbatim in Australia also distribute Mitsubishi.

Originally posted by Black Diamond
Verbatim is produced by Mitsubishi.
Not surprisingly Verbatim in Australia also distribute Mitsubishi.

And CMC and Moser Baer. In any given package of Verbatim you may find MCC media, CMC, CMC with MCC codes, MB or MB with MCC codes. Currently, the only media that is actually made by MCC is the 8x.

Originally posted by rdgrimes
And CMC and Moser Baer. In any given package of Verbatim you may find MCC media, CMC, CMC with MCC codes, MB or MB with MCC codes. Currently, the only media that is actually made by MCC is the 8x.

I thought that it was a function of the product name?

DataLife = CMC and others
DataLifePlus = MCC or TY

Originally posted by code65536
[B]I thought that it was a function of the product name?

DataLife = CMC and others
DataLifePlus = MCC or TY [/B]

That used to be true with CDR’s, but not any more. The DataLifePlus designation no longer means anything, even the “generic” spindles of Verbatim (not DataLife) contain the exact same media. :frowning: The only semi-reliable indicator is the country of origen.