Total: 2308
PO failures: n/a
Jitter: n/a
Scanning Statistics
Elapsed time: 9:53
Number of samples: 120855
Average scanning interval: 1.19 ECC
Glitches removed: 0

That’s an in-spec burn. I’m not sure what your question/complaint is…

So it’s normal If it was burned as test data dvd?

It may be in-spec, but that’s rather sub-par for MCC 03RG20.

@OP: Did you buy them under the Verbatim brand name? It may be a poor batch. ;\

Here’s an 8X scan (for comparison) of Verbatim MCC 03RG20 burned @16X of mine on a 20A1H.

Yes I got em from amazon.com as Verbatim brand.

I think what Oleg24 is saying is that is not the kind of burn you would expect
out of a Verbatim MCC03RG20 disc. I can agree with what he is saying because
here lately it seems like Verbatim’s quality is slipping on their complete line of discs
+R and -R. I do not get the same kind of burns out of a Verbatim’s disc that I got
a year or two ago I get higher totals and spikes on both PIE and PIF over what I
used to get but…with lower prices now days what can you expect to get except
lower quality discs. :Z :doh:

Correct it’s what I was trying to say.

Well I think it’s an in spec burn until you tell us what speed it was written at. If it’s a 16x burn…

Anyways, could also be a clump of dust. Just one little bit of dust in the wrong sport can cause 1000 PIFs in an instant.

I usually get about 800-1000 PIFs with MCC03RG20 but no clumps of PIF, the media always works in dvd player etc.

OK here Is re test burned at 8X still does not look good at all.

General Information
Drive: LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-160P6S
Firmware: PS0B
Disc: DVD-R (MCC 03RG20 )
Selected speed: 8 X
PI errors
Maximum: 55
Average: 6.03
Total: 78536
PI failures
Maximum: 3
Average: 0.00
Total: 511
PO failures: n/a
Jitter
Maximum: 9.2 %
Average: 8.42 %
Scanning Statistics
Elapsed time: 8:38
Number of samples: 88608
Average scanning interval: 1.18 ECC
Glitches removed: 0

Rescan @4X

The last burn is pretty good although not a full disc and PIE is almost always high with Verbatim 16X DVD-R media with any burner (of course some exceptions exist)

Here Is resan @4X

Seems to me it’s ether fake Verbatim or drive going bad.

^ Don’t know why you think so. There’s nothing wrong with either scan.

Quality should be 95-97.

When scanning with a Lite-On drive, if you have PIF=2 the score drops to 95, and if you have PIF=4 then it drops to 90. Quality scores don’t mean much anyway.

:iagree:

In addition, a disc should not have clumps of PIFs that are higher than 4. An occasional spike slightly above 4 is acceptable - but a spike much higher can also spell trouble.

First of all, the second burn @ 8x seems perfectly fine. Nothing out of the ordinary and it should be a working disc. The errors are not too high any ANYONE who tells you they are needs to quit PIE/PIF scanning and stop giving bad advice.

Second of all, if anyone tells you 4x or another speed is the standard and not to scan @ [B]whatever[/B] speed you want, they are wrong and also need to quit if they think they are right. Home scanning is not in any way whatsoever considered a professional method of testing media and the results of home scans [B]do not[/B] equate to how well it will play back. So scan at whatever speed you want - but if you want to compare results with other people or your other burns, it’s best to test at the same speed to get a good comparison. But just for your own use, there’s nothing at all wrong with 8x scanning or even 16x if you feel like saving time.

You can use scanning to give you a very general opinion of which writing speeds/media perhaps work best in your writer. For example, if you burn a verbatim @ 16x and there’s 20000 PIFs, big red clumps everywhere and everything else looks ugly, then that speed is not good for your writer. If you burn @ 8x and the PIE/PIFs don’t go ridiculously high (I mean like in the millions for PIE total and more than 5000 PIFs) then it’s pretty clear 8x would be better than 16x for your writer.

But if you think one scan with 76 total PIF and 9000 total PIE is going to work better and last longer than a disc with 760 PIF and 90,000 PIE, you could be [I]very [/I]wrong.

One last thing, your drive does not seem to be going bad, the verbatim you posted are not fake, and your burns seem perfectly fine. :slight_smile:

:iagree:

Thanks everyone for your advice :flower: