Verbatim DVD-R Made in

is this the order they should be (best to worst)

1. made in Singapore (MCC 03RG20 dye)

2. made in taiwan (MCC 03RG20 dye)

3. made in india (MCC 03RG20 dye)

also do them 3 always use the MCC dye?

thanks

[QUOTE=blade2007;2237404]is this the order they should be (best to worst)

1. made in Singapore (MCC 03RG20 dye)

2. made in taiwan (MCC 03RG20 dye)

3. made in india (MCC 03RG20 dye)[/QUOTE]

Not always - the quality of MII media has improved in the last months. The MIS Verbatims became very rare.

[QUOTE=blade2007;2237404]also do them 3 always use the MCC dye?

thanks[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Just like pepst said, Made in Singapore 16x DVD-+Rs are not only rare, you won’t find them anywhere.

There’s no quality difference between MII and MIT anymore.

I came across the (MCC 004) DVD+R made in China. I would stay away from them in the future.

:eek::iagree:

[QUOTE=Womi;2237411]There’s no quality difference between MII and MIT anymore.[/QUOTE]
Yep, I have not long got some MII MCC004 just to try out, I normally get my Verb MCC004 MIT by the box and as I get a good deal dont want to change, but I have been quite impressed with the 200 AZO MII I have got so far.

There was a shock as the first one had PIF thru the roof 200~205 @ 2,200,000 (only really seen with a hi speed scan), but I gave the drive a clean and since the numbers have been uncanny as (I have just checked thru 30 odd) the PIE/PIF (26,000/200) are so close you could think its the same disk being scanned.

I dont think that anyone should have a problem with the AZO MII I have seen.

In summary for the OP

Made In:[ol]
[li][B]Singapore[/B]: Verbatim doesn’t make Single Layer DVDs there anymore but they were great (aparently)
[/li][li][B]Taiwan[/B]: Best of the current production
[/li][li][B]India[/B]: Close behind for SL, DLs somewhat dodgy.
[/li][li][B]China[/B]: Junk. Avoid.
[/li][/ol]

Even with my poor luck with Optical Media. I’ve so far do not have problems with the CHina stuff. Overall manufacturing quality seems a bit lower, but still ok. Scans are ok. Not worse as the rest.:rolleyes:

With verbatim going by scans I’m seeing no difference between the different sites.
Which is really suprising.(My bad luck + other people reports.)

do the printable versions only use the MCC 03RG20 dye?

also is there a way to tell the made in taiwan or india apart from look at the disks?

thanks

do the printable versions also only use the MCC 03RG20 dye?

also is there a way to tell the made in taiwan & india apart from looking at the disks?

thanks

[quote=blade2007;2240747]do the printable versions also only use the MCC 03RG20 dye?

also is there a way to tell the made in taiwan & india apart from looking at the disks?

thanks[/quote]

IIRC Printable Verbatim is always MIT MCC03RG20 or MCC004

The only way to tell the county of origin is on the packaging, or by looking at the hub codes and stamper codes on the disc itself.

[li][B]Singapore[/B]: Verbatim doesn’t make Single Layer DVDs there anymore but they were great (aparently)
[/li]> [/ol]
. . .
Does anybody know if Verbatim (in fact MKM) is going to continue manufacturing Double Layer DVDs in Singapore ?

I ask that because MIS Verbatim DLs are becoming rare in shops … except ‘white printable’ ones

[QUOTE=franz99;2240766]Does anybody know if Verbatim (in fact MKM) is going to continue manufacturing Double Layer DVDs in Singapore ?

I ask that because MIS Verbatim DLs are becoming rare in shops … except ‘white printable’ ones[/QUOTE]

I am not 100% sure (and I have no credible sources), but I think that Verbatim is now making only BD-R and BD-RE media in their Singapore factory.

Exactly. I doubt they continue with DL in Singapore.
MKM only manufactures their ‘premium’ media in Singapore, which is now BD-R and BD-RE (DL).

According to Mitsubishi chemicals website (I unfortunately didn’t keep a link to the page), they said the Singapore site is a pilot plant, where they produce new types of media until they consider the process mature, after which they transfer production of that media type to outsourcers.

This would also imply that once they’ve stopped making one type of media in Singapore, they will never again make it there (presumably they might wait with completely phasing out production there if they have spare capacity)

[B]Thanks a lot for your answers ![/B]
This explains why MIS Verbatim DLs are disappearing from the shops: so I made a last big buy of MIS DLs [B]at a good price ![/B]

Could somebody now please write a summary about [B]the actual quality in Verbatim double layer [/B]
like the one above for SL: [QUOTE=SeanW;2239042]In summary for the OP

[/li][li][B]Taiwan[/B]: Best of the current production
[/li][li][B]India[/B]: Close behind for SL, DLs somewhat dodgy.
[/li][li][B]China[/B]: Junk. Avoid.
[/li][/ol][/QUOTE]
At the moment there are probably no Verbatim DLs Made in China ?

[QUOTE=franz99;2241215][B]Thanks a lot for your answers ![/B]
This explains why MIS Verbatim DLs are disappearing from the shops: so I made a last big buy of MIS DLs [B]at a good price ![/B]

Could somebody now please write a summary about [B]the actual quality in Verbatim double layer [/B]
like the one above for SL:
At the moment there are probably no Verbatim DLs Made in China ?[/QUOTE]

Well not so sure about giving a Summary, Because my experience so far does not hold for the single layer stuff. But that’s probably just me.