Verbatim DVD+R made in the UAE!

vbimport

Hi

Should i buy these UAE made Verbatim DVD+R 100-packs at Office Max? It appears that the UAE made Verbatims are all i can find at Office Max that are AZO…besides crap ‘Life’ series.

I check out a thread on UAE Verbs and i am still not sure.

thanks
NBK

They are top quality disks and will not be around much longer so if your happy with the price I’d jump on them while you can still find some.

They have been excellent for me, go for it. Don’t forget the coupon.

Hi,

I just bought 2x100 Verbatim DVD+R [UAE]. Where do i put the scans? In a new thread or is there an old thread somewhere?

Thanks
NBK

[QUOTE=NBK;2532867]Hi,

I just bought 2x100 Verbatim DVD+R [UAE]. Where do i put the scans? In a new thread or is there an old thread somewhere?

Thanks
NBK[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=pepst;2532871]http://club.myce.com/f76/mitsubishi-chemicals-dvd-r-75682/[/QUOTE]

Hi pepst,

You would not happen to know if there is a quality scan thread for the Samsung SH-S223Q? I did a search and could not find one.

Thanks
NBK

http://club.myce.com/f105/samsung-sh-s223-results-discussion-244279/ :flower:

[QUOTE=pepst;2532998]http://club.myce.com/f105/samsung-sh-s223-results-discussion-244279/ :flower:[/QUOTE]

Thanks pepst

NBK

[QUOTE=Dartman;2532570]They are top quality disks and [B]will not be around much longer[/B] so if your happy with the price I’d jump on them while you can still find some.[/QUOTE]

why not?

Because Verbatim has taken the path of least resistance and started selling Life series disks made by CMC and they are not up to the quality of the older Azo blue red labeled disks. They do happily charge exactly the same price at Office Max though for inferior blanks so I spose everyone makes more money.
I don’t think Falcon who makes them for Verbatim is fully stopping making them, Verbatim just wants to get cheaper media so they are dropping them.
I’m sure you might still be able to find the same maker and mid codes online but it’s going to be hard to just walk into Office Max now and get decent disks :a

Are Verbatim DVD+R made in UAE as good as media made in Taiwan?

[QUOTE=kyrcy;2533327]Are Verbatim DVD+R made in UAE as good as media made in Taiwan?[/QUOTE]

Hi kycry,

I think UAE MCC 004 are as good as MIT.
I quality scanned some MCC 004 made in UAE and they did well at 12x and 16x.

Check out these:

NBK

Hi,

MCC 004
burned at 16x by Nero’s 'Create Disc’
miUAE

:aWhy wont MCC 004 miUAE will not burn at 16x! Is there anyway i can force it to burn at 16x?

[QUOTE=NBK;2534327]Hi,

MCC 004
burned at 16x by Nero’s 'Create Disc’
miUAE

:aWhy wont MCC 004 miUAE will not burn at 16x! Is there anyway i can force it to burn at 16x?[/QUOTE]
Are you using a external case? Looks like you ran out of bandwith. Could be a hardware problem but I am not an expert.

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2534360]Are you using a external case? Looks like you ran out of bandwith. Could be a hardware problem but I am not an expert.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for responding jamescooley,

I am not using an external case. I was thinking that it was the media, but i am not sure. Samething happened with MCC 0RG03…

NBK

[QUOTE=NBK;2534365]I am not using an external case. I was thinking that it was the media, but i am not sure. Samething happened with MCC 0RG03…[/QUOTE] It’s not the media. Your burner is running out of bandwidth for some reason, as stated by jamescooley1 - you can see this in the burn graph by the way the buffer drops off as the burn speed exceeds approx. 13x.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2534368]It’s not the media. Your burner is running out of bandwidth for some reason, as stated by jamescooley1 - you can see this in the burn graph by the way the buffer drops off as the burn speed exceeds approx. 13x.[/QUOTE]

Hi DrageMester,

:iagree:I agree, yet i can still quality scan. Its not the media, for samething happened with TYG 03, and MCC 02RG03.

Is there anyway to fix this? :sad:I would hate have my BenQ 1655 die after i paid $70.00 for it.

Should i transfer this problem to the BENQ forum?

Try checking the transfer mode of the IDE channel your BenQ drive is on; IIRC it should be Ultra DMA Mode 2, but it might have degraded.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2534380]Try checking the transfer mode of the IDE channel your BenQ drive is on; IIRC it should be Ultra DMA Mode 2, but it might have degraded.[/QUOTE]

Hi DrageMester,

The IDE Channel is on UDMA Mode 2…

[QUOTE=NBK;2534397]Hi DrageMester,

The IDE Channel is on UDMA Mode 2…[/QUOTE]
How old is the IDE cable? Just a shot in the dark but you never know.