Verbatim DVD-R made in taiwan dye problem?

my recent pack of cmc made in taiwan have a different shade of purple dye at the start of the disk then before the middle of the disk it is a slightly darker shade of purple i have recorded on 5 of them and they play back fine

they are i different shady of dye before recording to then

this anything to worry about?

thanks

[QUOTE=blade2005;2558745]my recent pack of cmc made in taiwan have a different shade of purple dye at the start of the disk then before the middle of the disk it is a slightly darker shade of purple i have recorded on 5 of them and they play back fine

thanks[/QUOTE]

Could you post the quality test results or the TRT result?

sorry i dont have a writer to scan them

i recorded them on a panasonic EZ48 dvd recorder

[QUOTE=blade2005;2558745]my recent pack of cmc made in taiwan have a different shade of purple dye at the start of the disk then before the middle of the disk it is a slightly darker shade of purple i have recorded on 5 of them and they play back fine

thanks[/QUOTE]

Are there any visible dye blotches and streaks? If so, I would return the media to the shop and demand their exchange/refund.

no theres no dye blotches or streaks.

the code on the disks is 2772 and there map7 i have looked at some on my older packs and have found another pack that is like this (different shady of dye at the start) that is also map7 are all map7 disks like this?

are made in UAE any good?

cheers

[QUOTE=blade2005;2561235]no theres no dye blotches or streaks.

the code on the disks is 2772 and there map7 i have looked at some on my older packs and have found another pack that is like this (different shady of dye at the start) that is also map7 are all map7 disks like this?

are made in UAE any good?

cheers[/QUOTE]

MIUAE Verbatims are among the best media you can get. :bow:

pepst, have you got any MIT MAP7 disks? if you have could you look to see if there like mine ?

cheers

[QUOTE=blade2005;2561421]pepst, have you got any MIT MAP7 disks? if you have could you look to see if there like mine ?

cheers[/QUOTE]

Mine look like yours - dye near the central hole is a bit darker. I think it’s normal for this kind of media.

are yours the same number 2772?

also do you get a good quality scan?

thanks.

[QUOTE=blade2005;2562024]are yours the same number 2772?[/QUOTE]
Yes.

[QUOTE=blade2005;2562024]also do you get a good quality scan?

thanks.[/QUOTE]

I don’t remember if I ever scanned them, but they all play flawlessly on my standalone players.