Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4x or 8x?

I would like to back up some XBOX 360 games with my new Pinoeer 216D.

I choosed Verbatim DL disks, but there are 2 type and I don’t know which one is better: 2.4x or 8x?

I read on Xbox forums that it’s best to burn the iso’s at 2.4x, but I saw here the "Slow write speeds + modern drives + modern media = no good " thread so I am confused now.

Which type should I pick? 2.4x or the one with 8x and write it at 4x?

Thanks for any help! :slight_smile:

P.S. I would like to print the disks with my Canon inkjet printer. I heard that the disks in Xbox become very hot and the wored off ink destroys the machine… I hope that’s not true!

Get the 8x and write at 4x - you got that right! :wink:

If you’re worried about ink ruining your console, a Sharpie/disc-friendly marker will suffice, although not as nice.

Buy either one and burn @ 4x. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=tropic;2150464]Buy either one and burn @ 4x. :)[/QUOTE]

I agree. :iagree:

[QUOTE=kisloka;2150024]I would like to back up some XBOX 360 games with my new Pinoeer 216D.

I choosed Verbatim DL disks, but there are 2 type and I don’t know which one is better: 2.4x or 8x?[/QUOTE]

The 216D is a very good DL burner and as the others said, 4x should be perfect for both 2.4x and 8x Verbatim DLs.
You could also go for 6x or 8x for the 8x DLs with the same quality, but the burning time difference is minimal.

P.S. I would like to print the disks with my Canon inkjet printer. I heard that the disks in Xbox become very hot and the wored off ink destroys the machine… I hope that’s not true!

Forget about that, not true :disagree:

Thanks for the helpful answers! I’ll buy the 8x one. :slight_smile:

I had no idea I could burn a 2.4x disc at 4x but I found the answer.

well i just noticed… lately (maybe we got a semi bad batch) Verbatim DVD+R DL (made in singapore) must be droping in overall quality cause i used a recent batch (bought on ebay) and use a Lite-On 20A4P drive to burn and then used my drive (Lite-On 1673S) to do a disc quality check with KProbe and they seemed to vary noticeably from each disc i burned… basically the PIE spikes where rather high at times like 200ish and the PIF spikes where like 6ish range (or higher) which aint considered great… cause i was told in general to have top quality burns u need to have the single PIF spikes to have no more than around 3 ish.

bottom line (unless i got a bad batch) … the ‘newer’ verbatim dvd+r dl made in singapore must vary in quality vs the older stuff that i still have which burns consistently good @ 4x.

Got any scan pics, NBR? Btw I wouldn’t consider it a bad batch but I’ll hold my verdict until I see actual pictures.

Verb DL :Z [B]MIS [/B]getting worse or become a :clap: [B]garbage[/B] ( New Packaging ) Newer Stock 10 / 20 / 50 pack
It can’t burn and read ( more detail and scan little later )

Nothing wrong with Verb DL MIS in new or old packaging. Your burner just sucks. :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=negritude;2154551]Nothing wrong with Verb DL MIS in new or old packaging. Your burner just sucks. :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

:bow:

Yeah, the new MII 8x Verbatims cannot come close to the ones made in Singapore… Had to throw 3 out of ten as there were reading problems. Not to mention the scans of the MII look quite bad compared to the MIS ones, unfortunatelly MIS media cannot be bought here anymore… :frowning:

regards, Stephen

pS: Verbatim 2.4x MII also were much worse then 2.4x MIS… what a surprise. :smiley: