Verbatim DVD+R 4.7GB 8X Branded Surface 100pk Spindle - $9.99 after Rebate & GC

This appeared on fatwallet.com

Buy.com is has the 8x Verbatim DVD+R for $9.99 after $15 rebate and $10.00 Google Checkout.

Link to product :- http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10375396&loc=101&sp=1&adid=17662

$15 Rebate Offer valid from 10/30/2006 to 11/30/2006 :- http://ak.buy.com/buy_assets/retail/pdfs/06Q4/1023-1130ta_15verbatim.pdf

Google Checkout Explained :- http://www.buy.com/retail/toc_feature.asp?loc=63023&adid=17662

does anyone know what make this is?

8X +R Verbs are the good one, most of the time, so dont worry about the maker of it.

Oh, I would worry - EVERY single time I grabbed one of these 100pks of the 8X +R Verbatims, they didn’t even come close to the wonderful results of the 50pk stock. Thank goodness Sam’s Club has a NQA return policy. Dunno if i just got lucky on the 50pks, or what. BTW, anyone else notice that when using the google checkout google charges you a buck each time? Didn’t see this charge info anywhere obvious…

oh you are not the only one, I stay away from Sam Clubs Verbatim. I bought 3 spindles from them, they are horrible, I ended up ebaying them. No more Sam Clubs Verbatim for me. The rest of Verbatim, bought somewhere else, are awesome, especially those at Office Depot.

I don’t see any extra $1 charge on any of my receipts. Exactly where did you find it?

I bought DL media a few days ago from Shop4tech using google checkout, no charge on the receipt. I also made a purchase at buy.com using google check out, no charge either

Buy.com says “In stock soon…”

they are available now :stuck_out_tongue:

The first time you sign up for Google Checkout they authorize a charge of $1 just to confirm whether your credit card is valid. Don’t worry … it won’t appear on your final billing statement.

Yup, mine magically disappeared after a couple of days.

Just ordered me a spindle. :slight_smile:

Hope these are the good Verbatim, my last batch was horrible, but they were 16X +R’s.

Definitely worth a shot for $10. Thanks!

Remember that WalMart (and hence Sams) squeezes their suppliers very hard and Verbatim might very well have cracked and sent garbage media to WalMart, accordingly…

Just had mine delivered this morning and here’s what DVDIdentifier says …

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R:MCC-003-000]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD+R] - [DVD+R]
Manufacturer Name : [Mitsubishi Chemical Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [MCC]
Media Type ID : [003]
Product Revision : [Not Specified]
Blank Disc Capacity : [Not Supported By Method 2]
Recording Speeds : [1x-2.4x , 4x , 6x-8x]
[Method 2 Might Not Always Detect All Speeds]

[ DVD Identifier V5.0.1 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

Thanks for the info on the ‘verification’… the charge appeared on my online acct transactions page, but not the reciept, thus the confusion.

Also, i should have noted that the 50pks of MCC003 i was getting from ANY Sam’s for the past two years-odd, all of these were very good for me. It’s only when I tried the 100pks from Sam’s, and also one time from newegg, that I noticed the severe quality differences between the 50 and 100pk discs. Sam’s fortunately has a NQA policy on returns, newegg however, I ended up wrestling with the low end customer service for a refund.

Fortunately that ‘identify the good ones by the font on top’ for the MCC004’s seems to be working, as the scans of these resemble the best of the old 003’s for me using liteon burners. Hope this continues to stay that way.

No way :disagree: . Not on 100pk spindle. 50pk spindle you have good chance of getting good one, but not this 100 pk spindle one.
Buyers beware on Verb 100pk spindle whether +R or -R.
I always burn both - and +R each and every time so I have experienced both - and +R.
For 100pk spindle I never had any good experience with them since 4x days. Specially on Verb 100pk, many of them has air bubble problem on the disc - I believe it will gonna cause problems as time passes.
With 50pk I usually have no problem at all except once with -R spindle about a year ago. In terms of +R i always get CMC Mag MCC004 these days on 50pk at my local store.

Sounds like you’ve just had unusually bad luck with 100 disc spindles. Most of mine have been great.

Maybe it depends on regions in the States. Different batches to different regions/area, stores, etc? :confused:

Placed Monday, October 30, 2006
Ship date Nov 3, 2006
Estimated delivery
Nov 4, 2006

They must have sent it next day? :iagree: :clap: