Verbatim DVD-R 4.7Gb - 4x Speed - Pastel Colours - Slim-line Jewel Cased?

Saw these for sale at a supplier of media, they claim these are MCC Verbs, just wondering if anyone has tried these & can confirm if that is correct?

Verbatim DVD-R 4.7Gb - 4x Speed - Pastel Colours - Slim-line Jewel Cased

The Price is very good compared to other places so if they are true MCC , i’ll be buying a sizeable amount :slight_smile:

Around here, if they say made in Singapore, they’re MCC. Made in Taiwan they’re CMC or Ritek, Made in Japan is TY. Verbatim sells all 3 types. Usually, they have to be DataLifePlus to be MCC, but that’s no guarantee either. Why don’t you buy a few and see? You might get lucky and find TY in there.

Yeah I think the pastel coloured ones sold in Europe are TY.

rdgrimes:

I would but shipping is a bit extortionate in the UK for sampling discs :frowning: .
Well seeing as the supplier claims the Pastel coloured ones are MCC on the website , i think it’s a safe enough buy, i may even get the fabled TY.
Their also selling the inkjet-printables at the same price which are supposed to be always MCC here in the UK so i’ll get some of both i think.
Thanks for the replys.

Just thought i’d post the reply to an e-mail i sent Verbatim Europe about these discs in case any european’s were looking for some good quality discs:

"Thank you for contacting Verbatim Europe Ltd.

For your information only:
DataLifePlus DVD-R Pastel - Reorder No: 43267 Taiyo Yuden
DataLifePlus DVD-R Azo - Reorder No: 43208 Mitsubishi
DataLifePlus DVD-R Advanced Azo - Reorder No: 43236 Mitsubishi "

Taiyo Yuden’s Drool , my quest for TY’s at a reasonable price is finally over.

Originally posted by TL0

they claim these are MCC Verbs,
just wondering if anyone has tried these & can confirm if that is correct?

I’ve got Verbatim DLP DVD-R, made in Singapore, Reorder/Commande # 94375 :

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:MCC 01RG20 ]

Disc Type : [DVD-R]
Manufacturer ID : [MCC 01RG20 ]
Disc Application Code : [Unrestricted Use : Consumer Purpose]
Recording Speeds : [1x - 2x - 4x]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2.298.496 Sectors - 4.489MB - 4,38GB]

Media Information
Region information N/A not a DVD-VIDEO
Media code/Manufacturer ID MCC01RG20
Format Capacity Not Formatted
Free Blocks 411107328
Free Capacity 4.38GB(4.71GB)
Book Type DVD-R
Media Type DVD-R
Media Id Code Speed 4.0x 5540KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 4.0x 5540KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 2.0x 2770KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 1.0x 1385KBps
Write Strategy Speed 4.0x 5540KBps
2x Speed OPC beta 09
2x Speed OPC power 11
2x Write Strategy field 1 11 87 78 90
2x Write Strategy field 2 A8 82 00 20 00 00
4x Speed OPC beta 05
4x Speed OPC power 17
4x Write Strategy field 1 0D 10 0B 0B
4x Write Strategy field 2 96 08 0F 0B
4x Write Strategy field 3 C0 00 00 00
4x Speed OPC beta multi-pulse 07
4x Speed OPC power multi-pulse 1C
4x Write Strategy field 4 13 A8 89 65
4x Write Strategy field 5 B6 89 88 80 00 00
4x Write Strategy field 6 00 00 D0 00 00
Data area starting sector 30000h
Linear Density 0.267um/bit
Track Density 0.74um/track
Number of Layers 1

TLO

Where did you see these please? I bought 5 (not yet tried on LiteOn 411S). Mine show as TY. To a newbie to this brand, is there a big difference between MCC and TY?

Originally posted by devdeep
[B]TLO

Where did you see these please? I bought 5 (not yet tried on LiteOn 411S). Mine show as TY. To a newbie to this brand, is there a big difference between MCC and TY? [/B]

TY is better

For TY then, UK guys can pick up pack of 5 colour - or + for £5.99 at http://www.kvjfairdeal.com/. Look under Video, DVD and then the brand name.

They seem to have a fixed postage so bulk will be cheaper. Been to their shop which charges £6.99 - saving substantially on small quantities against the high postage.

Thanks for the link Devdeep & some more confirmation of the fact the discs are indeed TY. The supplier i found them at was actually more expensive than the price you found. £6.50 for a 5pack, which soon adds up if you buy in bulk.

Actually, just realised, KVJ Fairdeal... I've been to their shop before to buy VHS tapes in the past :) 
      Wow, who would of thought a shop would finally beat the internet for blank media :)