nice…

Sweet! Thx.

[QUOTE=Robert De Niro;2014204]Sweet! Thx.[/QUOTE]

Points to Robert’s sig…you’ll need to change that to Verbatim soon :bigsmile:

Thanks negritude :slight_smile:

[quote=negritude;2013953]Best Buy Ad:

10% Coupon:

https://moversguide.usps.com/img/coupon/bestbuy/200802_clientarea.gif[/quote]
Well lets hope they are old stock becuase all the 100 spindles the Office Max by me just got in are MII and they are not good ( being polite):iagree:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2014247]Well lets hope they are old stock becuase all the 100 spindles the Office Max by me just got in are MII and they are not good ( being polite):iagree:[/QUOTE]

Really? The MII ones here are really good :slight_smile:

Not here Arachne, I couldn’t even get a good 8X burn out of 16X media. If this continues I will only buy Taiyo Yudens.:wink:

So you finally got that really junky pack of Verbs, Alan… I’ve been getting those for years, and it’s finally caught up to you! LOL:p

Part of the issue is that it’s more likely to get a junk 100 pack than a junk 25 pack or 10 pack jewel case pack. I suggest going for the smaller packs if you want the premium discs. You may pay more for the discs, but it’s better than 100 duds.

[quote=Dalen Quaice;2014299]So you finally got that really junky pack of Verbs, Alan… I’ve been getting those for years, and it’s finally caught up to you! LOL:p

Part of the issue is that it’s more likely to get a junk 100 pack than a junk 25 pack or 10 pack jewel case pack. I suggest going for the smaller packs if you want the premium discs. You may pay more for the discs, but it’s better than 100 duds.[/quote]
These were Made In India and yes they got me. Good thing I did not pay that much for them, I am really disapointed at how bad their quality control is, I guess I should have known , it had to be outsourced to India from Taiwan, as if they couldnt be made chaep enough in Taiwan. This media is going in the trash, my time is worth more than guessing whether I will get a decent burn or not.

The most annoying 100 pack I had was one where the top disc burned amazingly well, and then the rest of the pack was garbage! LOL It was like they figured you would test the top disc to see if the entire pack was good… boo hiss.

My method for tackling 100 packs is to burn: 1) top disc, 2) middle disc, 3) bottom disc and then compare to see how consistent the pack is throughout. If the middle is good, then I move to the middle of the pack immediately. If all are bad, I set it aside for future testing until I test enough to decide to toss in the trash if all >1000 PIF or PIE >14 max all across.

With the Verbatim CMC I find they are consistently good or bad throughout – and each pack will have a certain pattern of PIE and PIF. Say you get one with 80,000 PIE and 400 PIF then you can’t expect much more from the pack and you are unlikely to get any <100 PIF burns with it. The Prodisc packs seem a bit more inconsistent disc to disc, but there are still basic patterns.

They aren’t out until Sunday?

[QUOTE=Arachne;2014228]Points to Robert’s sig…you’ll need to change that to Verbatim soon :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]
And TY after i get some more money saved up and order them or get lucky and find some.:iagree:

[quote=alan1476;2014314]These were Made In India and yes they got me. Good thing I did not pay that much for them, I am really disapointed at how bad their quality control is, I guess I should have known , it had to be outsourced to India from Taiwan, as if they couldnt be made chaep enough in Taiwan. This media is going in the trash, my time is worth more than guessing whether I will get a decent burn or not.[/quote]Are they about as good making DVDs as they are at providing real help on customer service lines? :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2014314]These were Made In India and yes they got me. Good thing I did not pay that much for them, I am really disapointed at how bad their quality control is, I guess I should have known , it had to be outsourced to India from Taiwan, as if they couldnt be made chaep enough in Taiwan. This media is going in the trash, my time is worth more than guessing whether I will get a decent burn or not.[/QUOTE]

I came to this conclusion a while back & went strictly to YUDEN000T02 from Rima they are always very excellent quality I never get more than 500 PIF most of the time around 100.

Though the other day I bought a 100pk of VERB -R from newegg & the first 30 disks have been between 30-250 PIF. Excellent quality with very low jitter. Go figure.

IT goes back to the fact that verbatim’s quality control sucks & it pisses me off so bad that I 90% of the time order my old faithful T02 from Rima.

Thanks negritude.

thanks for the coupon, neg

So I can use this coupon and it will give me a 10% discount from the already sale price of $12.99? Wow, I thought at most places you can’t use coupons on sale priced items.

[QUOTE=Dalen Quaice;2014320]The most annoying 100 pack I had was one where the top disc burned amazingly well, and then the rest of the pack was garbage! LOL It was like they figured you would test the top disc to see if the entire pack was good… boo hiss.

My method for tackling 100 packs is to burn: 1) top disc, 2) middle disc, 3) bottom disc and then compare to see how consistent the pack is throughout. If the middle is good, then I move to the middle of the pack immediately. If all are bad, I set it aside for future testing until I test enough to decide to toss in the trash if all >1000 PIF or PIE >14 max all across.

With the Verbatim CMC I find they are consistently good or bad throughout – and each pack will have a certain pattern of PIE and PIF. Say you get one with 80,000 PIE and 400 PIF then you can’t expect much more from the pack and you are unlikely to get any <100 PIF burns with it. The Prodisc packs seem a bit more inconsistent disc to disc, but there are still basic patterns.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have a super high quality pack of verb 100pk -R’s right now that after using about 30 of them I am saving the rest. But I don’t expect this & only bought it cause I needed to do an 80 disk backup of 4400mb dvd video

Thanks for the info neg.

I just got back from BB after buying the last 4 50 packs of the OLD Prodisc +R Verbs. I had to dig way in the back. They had the new Prodisc, old and new CMC’s. I’m sure everyone knows how to tell the difference by now. I didn’t see any MII’s at BB but I saw them at Microcenter yesterday. BTW, Microcenter has the Verb 50 packs on sale for 13.99.