Verbatim DVD Media - 100-pack - $14.99 AC - OfficeMax B&M

vbimport

Circular:

http://officemax.shoplocal.com/officemax/default.aspx?action=detail&flashbrowse=y&storeid=2419759&rapid=539910&pagenumber=1&listingid=-2091712429&ref=%2Fofficemax%2Fdefault.aspx%3Faction%3Dbrowsepageflash%26storeid%3D2419759%26pagenumber%3D1%26rapid%3D539910%26prvid%3Dundefined

Coupon:

http://a.slickdeals.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=91508&d=1209169793

Don’t forget, if you can, print the coupon on card stock. :iagree:

Thanks

Just a heads up, I bought about 4 spindles when they were on sale last time for 19.99 and they were the worst Verbatims I have had. They start out scanning about 30-50 PI. I know this is a cheap price though, so just don’t expect to get a steal on discs that scan near perfect. As for me, I would rather pass and pay a little more for the 50 count spindles after my experience with 100 count spindles.

Its hit or miss with the 100 spindles, while they might not scan pretty, they do backup the files just fine. I have 2- 100 spindles, one was great until half-way thru the spindle then it went downhill. I havent opened the other yet. At .19 a disc, I use them as testing discs and throw most away. If I am going to keep the backup I use Taiyo Yuden 8X media.

Yep, they are definitely not what they used to be.:disagree:

which is better prodisc or cmc pap6?

[QUOTE=jigsw;2045465]Yep, they are definitely not what they used to be.:disagree:[/QUOTE]

But still ten times better than everything else on the retail shelf.

[QUOTE=srtboy;2046253]which is better prodisc or cmc pap6?[/QUOTE]
Everyone here seems to prefer CMC over Prodisc.

It really just depends on the luck of the draw – there are good and bad batches of Prodisc and CMC. PAP6 has always been really bad for me - I’ve yet to get a pack that was usable. I’ve had some Prodisc that were under 100 PIF. Some complain that Prodisc doesn’t play in their standalones – I’ve not had any issues with Prodisc verbs not working assuming they scanned fine.

Others have had luck with PAP6, but I think most here consider the PAP6 to be inferior to the PAPA variety of CMC. That said, most 100 packs are either Prodisc or PAP6. There are some PAPA spindles out there if you just happen to get one.

But still ten times better than everything else on the retail shelf.

Almost, but I have some Maxell ricohjpn03’s that scan alot better than my new Verbatims.

[QUOTE=jigsw;2046426]Almost, but I have some Maxell ricohjpn03’s that scan alot better than my new Verbatims.[/QUOTE]

Scans aren’t the only thing that make media better. I’ll take a Verb over anything else currently available on the shelves (online is another story).

Only thing I get when clicking on the coupon is a blank page with this as the only thing showing
whats up with that :confused:

[B]403 - Forbidden[/B]

[QUOTE=getit29;2046438]Only thing I get when clicking on the coupon is a blank page with this as the only thing showing

[B]403 - Forbidden[/B][/QUOTE]

Just go directly to the SlickDeals website and do a search for Officemax coupons and it will come up. It worked for me.
budzos

[QUOTE=getit29;2046438]Only thing I get when clicking on the coupon is a blank page with this as the only thing showing

[B]403 - Forbidden[/B][/QUOTE]

I think that you have to be logged into the SlickDeals forums in order to read the attachments. I got the same message when trying from another machine, but it worked once I logged in.

[QUOTE=budzos;2046440]Just go directly to the SlickDeals website and do a search for Officemax coupons and it will come up. It worked for me.
budzos[/QUOTE]
Thanks, it worked for me also.

[quote=Dalen Quaice;2046288]It really just depends on the luck of the draw – there are good and bad batches of Prodisc and CMC. PAP6 has always been really bad for me - I’ve yet to get a pack that was usable. I’ve had some Prodisc that were under 100 PIF. Some complain that Prodisc doesn’t play in their standalones – I’ve not had any issues with Prodisc verbs not working assuming they scanned fine.

Others have had luck with PAP6, but I think most here consider the PAP6 to be inferior to the PAPA variety of CMC. That said, most 100 packs are either Prodisc or PAP6. There are some PAPA spindles out there if you just happen to get one.[/quote]And then there are MII Verbs coming into play. I picked up a 100-pak of -R at OM a couple of weeks ago, and they have so far been the best batch of MCC 03RG20 I’ve ever bought (burned on my Liteys, but not as good on other burners). Judging from previous posts here, that could be a fluke though. :confused:

deleted

All,

Thanks much for the tip on the Office Max coupons. I used the $10 on 100 pack of Verb dvd blanks. Cost was $24.99 - $10 + tax. MIT ones. SWEET :clap:

This is a good deal in the land of $4 gasoline, that is if it hasn’t already blown your budge for food, utilities, rent/mortgage, health-care, etc.

Probably YMMV, Officemax is shifty about accepting these kinds of coupons because they’re sometimes linked to specific maxperks accounts who are frequent buyers & expire upon use.

I got 2 @ $19.99 so, all things being equal… gas was hovering $3 a gallon/around here it’s about the same deal by the time you get down there.

Here’s the thread where the coupon was originally posted:

Here’s a direct link to the PDF version of the coupon:

http://rs106.rapidshare.com/files/111164750/OM_Coupons_Exp05242008.pdf

Here’s another $10off$20 coupon that expires May 3rd: