Verbatim DL media

vbimport

When backing up my dvd titles using the latest DVDFAB DVD-DVD 6.2.0.5 I always use quality blank media i.e. Verbatim 2.4x DVD+R DL disks. I am now finding it very hard to find these disks for purchase anywhere. The responses I have been getting from my online supplier is that 8x is becoming the norm. Can someone verify if this is true and if the quality of the Verbatim 8x DL is acceptible? :):slight_smile:

Much obliged :smiley:

[QUOTE=hexenmeister;2469112]When backing up my dvd titles using the latest DVDFAB DVD-DVD 6.2.0.5 I always use quality blank media i.e. Verbatim 2.4x DVD+R DL disks. I am now finding it very hard to find these disks for purchase anywhere. The responses I have been getting from my online supplier is that 8x is becoming the norm. Can someone verify if this is true and if the quality of the Verbatim 8x DL is acceptible? :):slight_smile:

Much obliged :D[/QUOTE]

The 8x are widely used by many users/people, you know how most people are these days…always in a hurry :rolleyes: if you want to use the 8x you should not have any trouble at all because of the quality :smiley:

I personally still use the 2.4x myself and don’t have a problem finding them, course I don’t buy online because you never know where they was made at and I perfer the MIS :bigsmile:

Just to add I burn at 6X with the 8X Verbs with no problems

I buy mine at Newegg and they have 20 pack of 2.5x Verbatim DL for $26. No I don’t have a problem finding them.

[B]Stormjumper et al:[/B] Many thanks for the replies. Seems that the 8x DL should be fine then but would still prefer to use the 2.4x. I forgot to add I live in the UK and can’t seem to find anywhere online now that stocks the 2.4x. :sad:
If any member here can point me to a place I’d be most grateful. :bow:

Cheers,

Hexenmeister

I believe the 2.4X are going to harder and harder to find and that the norm will be the 8X but you can still burn them at 2.4X if you wish, but with good quality media like Verbs or TY’s and the burners out now days the burn speed will continually to increase

Cheers Jimbo. :bigsmile: Will try some 8x Verbs and burn at 2.4x and 8x to compare. :iagree::iagree:

[QUOTE=hexenmeister;2469385]Will try some 8x Verbs and burn at 2.4x and 8x to compare. :iagree::iagree:[/QUOTE] With most burners you are more likely to get optimal results at 4x or 6x than at 2.4x with DL media.

Myself I burn at 6X with great results with the Verbatim 8X DL media

[QUOTE=alchav21;2469183]I buy mine at Newegg and they have 20 pack of 2.5x Verbatim DL for $26. No I don’t have a problem finding them.[/QUOTE]

They are now $19.99 (with free shipping) at Newegg. :slight_smile:

Update: Got some 8x Verbs and burned at 4x - excellent results, so no worries now about using 8x DL :bigsmile::bigsmile:

[QUOTE=rosariorose9;2470355]They are now $19.99 (with free shipping) at Newegg. :)[/QUOTE]

Crap! I waited a day and they went up to $25.99. :sad:

[QUOTE=rosariorose9;2471925]Crap! I waited a day and they went up to $25.99. :sad:[/QUOTE]

Yup[B]!![/B] that’s what is known as…“You snooze you loose” :bigsmile:

^^^

That’s it, rub it in! :doh:

By the way, placed an order with Amazon for their proprietary DL +R blanks. $26.48 for 50 (they’ve now gone up to $31.53, so at least I didn’t snooze and lose on this one as well!). A calculated risk, I know, but they are apparently made in Japan, so I figured I’d take a chance…