Verbatim DL media prices

Not sure where to place this post so…

with all the talk about Bluray and blank disks,
do we exspect DL media to drop in price in the near future?

Best prices i have come upon has been [not including shipping] approx 1.50 per disk…

meritline, newegg, ebay…
Do we think that DL will stay same for long time?

[quote=rago88;2197368]Not sure where to place this post so…

with all the talk about Bluray and blank disks,
do we exspect DL media to drop in price in the near future?

Best prices i have come upon has been [not including shipping] approx 1.50 per disk…

meritline, newegg, ebay…
Do we think that DL will stay same for long time?[/quote]
Maybe it would be better in the Blank Media Forum, I will move it there.:wink:

You can catch a sale now and again. I recently ordered 30 Verbatim DL for $29.97 plus shipping from Microcenter.

The other brands seem to be cheaper, but I wouldn’t trust them. MicroCenter had some 20ct cakeboxes of WinData DL +R 8x for $12.99.
I have no idea what the mid code is on those.

I don’t think DL will ever get considerably cheaper. It’s more complicated and expensive to make compared to SL.

Not to mention that Verbatim pretty much controls all DL media, since no one can compete with their quality. In other words, not enough competition for them in this area, they can charge as they feel and people will pay for it as there’s no other high quality alternative.

[I][B]gotta agree with you on that point…[/B][/I]

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2197392]You can catch a sale now and again. I recently ordered 30 Verbatim DL for $29.97 plus shipping from Microcenter.

The other brands seem to be cheaper, but I wouldn’t trust them. MicroCenter had some 20ct cakeboxes of WinData DL +R 8x for $12.99.
I have no idea what the mid code is on those.[/QUOTE]

I assume thats the price for 2.4X DVD+DL right?

Yes, those were the slower speed Verbatim. 2.4x-6x is the rated speed on the box, and since I always burn DL at 4x that isn’t a problem for me.

[QUOTE=cd pirate;2200276]I don’t think DL will ever get considerably cheaper. It’s more complicated and expensive to make compared to SL.

Not to mention that Verbatim pretty much controls all DL media, since no one can compete with their quality. In other words, not enough competition for them in this area, they can charge as they feel and people will pay for it as there’s no other high quality alternative.[/QUOTE]

You would think that.
But the thing is by numbers Verbatim/MKM seems to be smaller as claimed sold numbers from Ritek and HongKong manufacturers. If these are right then Verbatim/MKM has a small part of the market.
So people (average Joe’s) do not care that much about quality it seems based on those numbers.