Verbatim DL DVD+Rs with UMEDISC MID code

Does somebody know Verbatim branded DVD+R DL with MID UMEDISC-DL1-064? Is it fake? What about performance?

[B]@pepst:[/B]
"Verbatim 8x branded Umedisc DVD+R DL burned at 6x
Lite-On iHBS212 HL04, 5647 MB burned at 6x

sold as “Verbatim 8x DVD+R DL"
MID: UMEDISC DL1-064
Made in China by Umedisc on Anwell Sportsline SL-2D DVDR lines”

What do you mean, is it fake?

[QUOTE=trekker99;2577237]LG GP08NU10, burned at 4x or 6x (forgot to take note)
Brand: Verbatim DVD+R DL Printable
MID: UMEDISC DL1
Made in China

I was surprised to see a strange MID when I placed the first disc from the pack into my writer. Looks pretty decent.[/QUOTE]

Verrbatim no AZO no >GOOD:doh:

Hello a0008421, welcome to the forums! :flower:
Verbatim DVD+R DL media with UMEDISC DL1-064 MID are legit but they are from Verbatim’s “Life Series” line which is their lower quality and cheaper line.
They may be an usable alternative if you have a modern drive and if they cost no more than 50% of Verbatim AZO DVD+R DL media.

[B]@ pepst[/B]
Thank you pepst for the quick response,

in Germany they are only 20% cheaper as the ones from the AZO Line. Thus it has no sense to spend money for such a scrab…

By the way: may be you know which MID do Platinum Bestmedia DVD+R DL 8x have? They are really cheap and at Amazon some guys write not so bad opinions about them.

They are probably reselling b-grade CMC Magnetics or Ritek media or, in the worst case, Chinese-made media with fake Ricoh MID code.

[QUOTE=a0008421;2677318][B]@ pepst[/B]
By the way: may be you know which MID do Platinum Bestmedia DVD+R DL 8x have? They are really cheap and at Amazon some guys write not so bad opinions about them.[/QUOTE]

I had few of them once (CMC Magnetics). All burnt successfully (though only at speed 2.4) but none of them was fully readable afterwards.

[QUOTE=pepst;2677174]Hello a0008421, welcome to the forums! :flower:
Verbatim DVD+R DL media with UMEDISC DL1-064 MID are legit but they are from Verbatim’s “Life Series” line which is their lower quality and cheaper line.
They may be an usable alternative if you have a modern drive and if they cost no more than 50% of Verbatim AZO DVD+R DL media.[/QUOTE]

I can’t share the same sentiments I’m afraid; I’ve had nothing but a horrible experience with UMEDISC media; pixellates on playback, loads of coasters (if not, exceptionally low burning speeds and don’t verify back brilliantly :Z); but it seems to be more drive dependent than anything else, most drives have got poor firmware support for UmeDisc.

Maybe why it isn’t as commonly known as, say, CMC or Ritek. AFAIK, in Britain, only Tesco Supermarket and Amazon supply discs with UmeDisc mid codes.

Of course that was with SL DVDs, god help those with DL DVDs :eek: