Verbatim DL DVD+R 20pks are back on sale at microcenter! $27.99

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0236597

Had to post this :slight_smile:

Verbatim DL DVD+R 20pks are back on sale at microcenter! :bow:

$27.99 !!! :iagree:

finally! ran out myself, been waiting for this, great deal for those who are a drive away or for those ordering via website

All 20pks are MII at store close to me. MIS only available in 15pks

It only works when you have one locally and only if they have MII. IMHO the 15 for $27.99 deal for the 8x official MIS stuff, but if you can get lucky enough to find the 20 packs that still happen to be MIS, then it is indeed a great deal.

I am gonna ask my brother in TN to get me these for $69.74 :

Verbatim DVD+R DL 50 pack

Thanks, stevo, and welcome to the forum.

[QUOTE=Jesterrace;1945320]It only works when you have one locally and only if they have MII. [/QUOTE]

Don’t you mean MIS?

[QUOTE=Some Random Guy;1945345]Thanks, stevo, and welcome to the forum.[/QUOTE]

Thanks random guy :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Jesterrace;1945320]It only works when you have one locally and only if they have MII. IMHO the 15 for $27.99 deal for the 8x official MIS stuff, but if you can get lucky enough to find the 20 packs that still happen to be MIS, then it is indeed a great deal.[/QUOTE]

Is the MII stuff that bad? I’ve burned over 30 of them without any problems at all :slight_smile:

sorry, should have multi quoted…

[QUOTE=stevodotorg;1945651]Is the MII stuff that bad? I’ve burned over 30 of them without any problems at all :slight_smile:

sorry, should have multi quoted…[/QUOTE]
yep
pretty bad
I personally would’nt use it any non MIS DL disk
and I have tried them all and all have failed.
Which is pretty bad considering theses disks are made to store data ““RELIABLY””

[QUOTE=zaq;1945674]yep
pretty bad
I personally would’nt use it any non MIS DL disk
and I have tried them all and all have failed.
Which is pretty bad considering theses disks are made to store data ““RELIABLY””[/QUOTE]

That’s strange, never have had a problem here, 33 of them and no coasters :slight_smile:

7 more left until I get over to microcenter :smiley:

[QUOTE=BeatCrazy;1945346]Don’t you mean MIS?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, MIS. I typed that one when I was half asleep. :bigsmile:

they got New packaging MII Verb DL only ( 20pack )
I can’t find any MIS Verb in Micro Center NJ store :doh:

Thanks for the tip OP. I grabbed the last 4 Made In Singapore packs (two for a friend) at the Dallas store. Beware, there are white label packs that are MII. The MIS ones have a taller “lip”. Of course, there were tons in the new ‘shrink wrapped’ packaging.

Not safe to order online IMO. Maybe one could get a local store to price match?

Yup, the only safe online ordering these days is the 8x official rated stuff.

I wonder why these are giving me such bad burns/scans? I’ve tried on two different PCs, three different burners. All have errors on the 2nd layer.

@BeatCrazy - Try scanning at 8x. That may give a better report. Also, use a BenQ or LiteOn drive for scanning if you have either.

Yup, Benq, Lite-On or Plextor are really the only reliable all-around scanner drives. As for the second layer there are always more errors right around the layer jump, that is just the nature of the format. That being said that is a pretty horrible scan. Let me guess, MII Verbs?

Great tip on reducing the scanning speed. At 1x, PIE errors dropped to beloe 200 on the second layer. I don’t have a Liteon drive hooked up anymore, but I used a Plextor 716A and got much better results.

No, these are MIS MKM001 that I got from the Microcenter sale.