Verbatim Digital Vinyl: any info?

vbimport

Hi everyone,

I found on Verbatim website some wonderful CD-Rs called Digital Vinyl. I am still not able to find them in Italy, did someone made some tests with them? Do someone knows the substrate manifacturer? I would hope TY, but…

Thanks for any answer, regards

ET

http://it.verbatim-europe.com/productinfo/wheretobuy.shtml?menu1=wher2buy
Did you check this site already ?

Do someone knows the substrate manifacturer? I would hope TY, but…

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75429&highlight=vinyl
rdgrimes is testing some of them there

Hi Conductor, thanks for your lightspeed answer!

I already checked Verbatim Europe website, the Digital Vinyl CD are not even mentioned there…

Thanks a lot (also to rdgrimes, of course!) for the link at the media forum thread, I missed that!

Best regards, ET

Originally posted by Conductor

rdgrimes is testing some of them there

Ok, then you have to buy them from an US retailer it seems. They have them pretty cheap. I did a search in the news and found out that http://www.hispace.com/page.asp?idRub=9&idSousRub=70&idSSRub=75&idProduit=28 has vinyl looking discs too.

Good luck ! :slight_smile:

Originally posted by eltranquil

I would hope TY
Verbatim Vinyl

They started out as Azo-blue media, the same as the old 16x Verbatims, but later were switched to Metal-Azo, which is much lower in quality. Max safe burn speed in many drives will be 16x-24x, and many stand-alone audio recorders will not recognize them at all.

They’ve always been METAL AZO in Australia…same as Verbatim 16x! :slight_smile:

I have burned several of these Digital Vinyl discs on my Plex Prem, LT5232, and Yamaha CRW-F1. The Plex Prem burns these discs quite well at low speeds (4x) but the LiteOn and the CRW-F1 (which is the pickiest drive I’ve ever used) don’t burn them with as low a C1 error count as the Prem. Prem C1 avg. = <0.5.

As usual, it is best to test the Digital Vinyl with your drive to see how it burns.

One thing to note about these discs is the VERY limited space you have to label the discs. Because of the top coating, a label cannot be used (which isn’t recommended anyway) and you must have a white Sharpie or marker to have any sort of labeling room. And even then the black outer area to label is grooved.

Amazon.com sells Verbatim’s MusicLife discs. These discs have given me the lowest C1 error rate of any disc I’ve ever burned on my Prem. I don’t get the low error rates on drives other than my Prem but I consistently get a C1 avg. <0.2. But because of the cost, I use TY. Hard to find a disc that burns better and it can be used in ANY drive with great results.

Originally posted by 420Freak

Amazon.com sells Verbatim’s MusicLife discs. These discs have given me the lowest C1 error rate of any disc I’ve ever burned on my Prem. I don’t get the low error rates on drives other than my Prem but I consistently get a C1 avg. <0.2.
Check this out ( btw, burnt w Yamaha F1E and C1 Ave is 5x less ! ) :
Originally posted by BoSkin

Verbatim DL [COLOR=blue]Pastels by Taiyo Yuden.[/COLOR]

Guys, thanks a lot for all these informations. I’ll try those Verbatim Digital Vinyl on my Premium, my Yamaha F1 and my Lite-on as soon as I will be able to find them.

Great job, as usual! :bow:

Cheers,

ET

TY Cyanine burns well on the Yamaha CRW-F1 (Verbatim Pastel/Fuji) but Azo does not (Verbatim DataLifePlus, MusicLife). LiteOne 5232 much less picky when it comes to media.

Originally posted by 420Freak

LiteOne 5232 much less picky when it comes to media.
That’s true.