Verbatim DataLifePlus 4x DVD+R Media (MCC 002) - 10-pack - $1.99 - Unity Electronics

vbimport

http://www.unityelectronics.com/product-product_id/3313/m/Verbatim/p/94472_10PK

Thanks for the update. In my case, the shipping fee kills the deal, the price ends up being over $0.70 per disc.

I have mixed feelings on this type of deal…media price is good but shipping messes the deal up. TY CD-R’s are better and cheaper. No need to mail order in most cases.

Good eye on some vintage media negritude.

These folks are local to me, so I can pick them up and avoid shipping costs. This was just an FYI for those who might be interested.

OK, I just bought and picked up 50 of these (5x10-pack) to see what I would get.

They are all Made in Singapore. I repeat, they are all MIS.

They are all individually wrapped in thick jewel cases.

The reason that shipping costs so much is because of the thick jewel cases, and the fact that every ten of those comes in a cardboard box, and then, five of those fit inside another cardboard shipping box. So, 50 of these disks takes up the volume of six or seven regular 50-piece cakeboxes (300-350 disks). The shipping cost is obviously not them trying to gouge you, but merely something they can’t avoid.

BTW, these disks are mint, still in the original shipping box when they were sent from Verbatim to Plextor (Unity Electronics is Plextor’s authorized repair/wholesale/refurb/etc. place, so anything that Plextor is clearing out goes there first). The date on the 10-pack boxes and the shipping box is November 12, 2002.

For 50 packs, the shipping to me is $127 for ground… that’s a tad out of my range! LOL

I guess this will be my own personal stash, since I’m local and no one can afford the shipping! ROTFLMAO! Hey, I missed out on those other rare media deals (the 8x Verbs and the 8x Plextors), so now we’re even.

I just checked out of curiosity. Ground shipping to Texas was $36.30 for 10 x 10 packs (100 discs). Yep, that kills the deal.

[QUOTE=negritude;2012342]I guess this will be my own personal stash, since I’m local and no one can afford the shipping! ROTFLMAO! Hey, I missed out on those other rare media deals (the 8x Verbs and the 8x Plextors), so now we’re even.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I am so sorry I purchased all they had:disagree:

102 ten packs of the 4x verbs are in stock (as of right now) … you bought all of those?? hahaha

psyche:p:bigsmile:

LOL - all the inventory gone now… someone got nervous?

How come so expensive shipping charge :doh:

[QUOTE=Dalen Quaice;2012373]LOL - all the inventory gone now… someone got nervous?[/QUOTE]

oops, your right:eek:$$$$$$$

[QUOTE=Burnsama;2012374]How come so expensive shipping charge :doh:[/QUOTE] http://club.cdfreaks.com/2012268-post5.html
ROFL
:bigsmile:Did you just buy 1020 discs Burnsama?

That would be a $254 shipping charge for me… probably wind up with 6 big crates of discs!

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2012378]http://club.cdfreaks.com/2012268-post5.html
ROFL
:bigsmile:Did you just buy 1020 discs Burnsama?[/QUOTE]

Not this time :slight_smile:
[B]I have to STOP[/B] :iagree:

They are Back in Stock!:confused:

[quote=Dalen Quaice;2012384]That would be a $254 shipping charge for me… probably wind up with 6 big crates of discs![/quote]I think it’s downright indecent when merchants advertise a low price and then hugely inflate shipping charges. Shoppers should always add shipping charges to get the real price. What seems to be a bargain at first glance sometimes turns out to be more related to attempted robbery. :a

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2012811]They are Back in Stock!:confused:[/QUOTE]

They were never out of stock. You might have encountered some temporary glitch that made you think that. Trust me, with the shipping costs on these disks, they are all mine. :bigsmile: