Verbatim DataLife - Made in Japan! Good quality?

At a Staples shop a little bit more than ½ hour away from me they offer
Verbatim DataLife 32x - Made in Japan! in slim cases (at 25 pcs/unit) :smiley:

What’s about the quality of these CD-ROMs :confused:
They are “only” DataLife (not DataLifePLUS), but they are “Made in Japan” :bigsmile: , so they are most likely high quality discs.

What do you think?
Is it worth to drive to the Staples shop to buy some of these Verbatims (25 pcs at €10.99)? High quality discs “Made in Japan” are difficult to find in Germany :frowning: and I really want to have some of them.

I haven’t seen these before. If you do get them, please post the ATIP information here so we can know who made them.

Okay, they are Taiyo Yuden :bigsmile:

This is the ATIP Information (by CDR-Identifier 1.63):

ATIP: 97m 24s 01f
Disc Manufacturer: Taiyo Yuden Company Ltd.
Reflective layer: Dye (Long strategy; e.g. Cyanine, Azo etc.)
Media type: CD-Recordable
Recording Speeds: min. unknown - max. unknown
nominal Capacity: 702.83MB (79m 59s 73f / LBA: 359848)

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:bigsmile:
Must likely they are of the earlier TY vintage, originally rated for 24x speed. Some drives will burn them at 40x with no errors, but 32x has been best on my LiteOn drives. Main thing is that they are extremely consistant and reliable.

:confused: Hmm, each CD-R has the white Verbatim coating with “32x compatible” on it.

Does it mean that in some cases Tajyo Yuden first poduces totally blank CD-Rs and puts them on stock. And then, after a customer orders CD-Rs, the coating will be put on the CD-Rs :confused:

Is there a website where the production of CD-R/CD-RW Media is explained in detail?

The CDR mfg makes them to the label specs. TY also has made TDK and Memorex, as well as generic, Fuji and a few others.
This media was originally rated 24x, then 32x when 32x drives came out. TDK and Memorex both labeled at as 32x, as does TY. Fuji never rated it beyond 24x.