Verbatim CD-R media made in India?

vbimport

How reliable are Verbatim CD-R media that are made in India?

If it says AZO it’s made with Mitsubishi dye and ATIP, which should be good.
If it’s the Extra Protection, it is most likely Moser Baer phthalocyanine.

I have had bad luck with MBI CD-R (quick degradation) and it doesn’t seem to have good lacquer sealing.
So if you can find some JVC (Taiyo Yuden) CD-R I’d recommend those as an alternative, if you need something really cheap, Ritek or CMC are also options.

[QUOTE=kyrcy;2519772]How reliable are Verbatim CD-R media that are made in India?[/QUOTE]

I have about 200 of MII Verbatims, most of them are older than 5 years and all are still in perfect shape.
But quality wise (C1 & C2 errors, jitter), they are very mediocre.
As kg_evilboy said, Taiyo Yuden (now widely available under the “JVC” brand) CD-Rs are a much better alternative, along with the Falcon Media Pro & Ritek (A-grade brands like Traxdata & Maxell) CD-R media.

I’ve used the AZO MII ones, which are nice enough.

As suggested by Pepst though, Ritek CD-R, under brands like Maxell or Traxdata, are a great alternative, and I’ve had nothing but good experience with those. Depending on where you look, you may find them cheaper than the Verbies as well. :wink:

How can I be sure that Maxell and Traxdata CD-R are made by Ritek? I noticed that on Maxell spindles it is printed made in Taiwan, but not on Traxdata.

[QUOTE=kyrcy;2520993]How can I be sure that Maxell and Traxdata CD-R are made by Ritek? I noticed that on Maxell spindles it is printed made in Taiwan, but not on Traxdata.[/QUOTE]
Traxdata is Ritek’s own brand for their A-grade quality media.