Verbatim CD-R Extra protection

HI I was wondering will these CD-R’s play in a normal CD player ? The extra protection part of this is what worries me. http://www.verbatim-europe.co.uk/en_1/product_cd-r-extra-protection_81.html

The “Extra Protection” means that the top layer is a bit tougher than some other CD-R media, thus offering better protection for the reflective layer and the data that is near the top of the disc.

The “Extra Protection” will not negatively interfer with playing/reading in CD players and other optical drives.

The Verbatim Extra Protection CD-R are made by different manufacturers with their own technology so quality and compatibility with burners can vary depending on the actual manufacturer.

Congrats on your first post at CDFreaks! :slight_smile:

I thought that the “AZO Crystal” are preferrable CD-R media than the “Extra Protection” ones. Am I wrong DrageMester???

[QUOTE=yyy;2293675]I thought that the “AZO Crystal” are preferrable CD-R media than the “Extra Protection” ones. Am I wrong DrageMester???[/QUOTE] The Crystal is definitely tougher than the Extra Protection and in the past I would have said that (Super) AZO is better than the CMC and Prodisc manufactured Extra Protection, but with the quality generally going downhill I’m not so sure anymore.

The Extra Protection and Pastels made by Taiyo Yuden (Made in Japan) are very good but hard to find.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2293679]The Crystal is definitely tougher than the Extra Protection and in the past I would have said that (Super) AZO is better than the CMC and Prodisc manufactured Extra Protection, but with the quality generally going downhill I’m not so sure anymore.[/QUOTE]

:iagree: :slight_smile:

The Extra Protection and Pastels made by Taiyo Yuden (Made in Japan) are very good but hard to find.

I can’t find them. But I’m lucky I can buy That’s TY (made in Japan). Much more expensive than all the others (about 15-20%), but at least you get what you pay for :bigsmile:

I didn’t have too much luck with Verbatim CDRs in the past, so now I don’t get them so often. I like though the MCC004 DVD+R media (irrelevant comment to the topic)!

[QUOTE=yyy;2293675]I thought that the “AZO Crystal” are preferrable CD-R media than the “Extra Protection” ones. Am I wrong DrageMester???[/QUOTE]My CMC made Extra Protection (MiC btw) scan better than my “Crystal” which are MiI. Additionally, the CMCs can be read by my extremely picky CD player, the Crystals not :frowning:

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2293820]My CMC made Extra Protection (MiC btw) scan better than my “Crystal” which are MiI. Additionally, the CMCs can be read by my extremely picky CD player, the Crystals not :frowning:

Michael[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info Michael :flower:
Unfortuanately, there is no indication where they are manufactured!
So, to be safe, I avoid Verbatim CDRs for the moment…
I stick with That’s for anything important, and Sony or TDK (much cheaper) for not important stuff :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=yyy;2294185]Thanks for the info Michael :flower:
Unfortuanately, there is no indication where they are manufactured![/QUOTE]That’s ugly. Here in Germany, “Made in …” is printed on the packaging.

Thanks guys for the help!

[QUOTE=mciahel;2294206]That’s ugly. Here in Germany, “Made in …” is printed on the packaging.[/QUOTE]

:frowning: Unfortunately not here… For few years now, only That’s and TY media have the MIJapan indocation. And that 's all. TDK say nothing, SONY the same and Verbatim as well. I rarely use any other brand…