Verbatim cd-r DataLifePlus vs non DataLifePlus

I got a 1 x 50 pack of Verbatim DataLifePlus CD-R the other week but they were made in India and did not work in my Audio CD player. Before I had been using Verbatim DataLifePlus cd-r made in Taiwan and they all worked.

Yesterday I swapped them over for a 100 pack of Verbatim cd-r made in taiwan and realized they were no longer DataLifePlus

Is there any difference between the cd-r? Other than the DataLifePlus green surface vs silver type surface for the non DataLifePlus cd-r.

This is the cd-r the packaging looks the same as the DataLifePlus.
http://www.verbatim.com.au/en_AU/products/storage-media--cd/cd-r/95252/cd-r-700mb-100pk-white-wide-inkjet-52x

Hi,[QUOTE=g12345567;2274893]I got a 1 x 50 pack of Verbatim DataLifePlus CD-R the other week but they were made in India and did not work in my Audio CD player. Before I had been using Verbatim DataLifePlus cd-r made in Taiwan and they all worked.[/quote]the Taiwan made discs were probably made by CMC. Their readability in picky players is indeed much better than that of the Made in India flavour.

Is there any difference between the cd-r? Other than the DataLifePlus green surface vs silver type surface for the non DataLifePlus cd-r.
The DL+ should last longer. But this doesn’t help, if you have playback issues.
And if I remember correctly, the DL+ is phasing out, and the Taiwan made discs are replaced by “Made in China” stuff (still CMC, rather decent IMO).
Best Verbatim CD-R is still their Pastel discs (Made in Japan), made by TY. But I don’t know if they are available at your place, and if your player can handle them.

Michael

The Datalife+ made in India was definately cousing more problems with compatability and higher error rate than the same media made in Taiwan that I had used previously. Although they both use the same Verbatim ID. It does look like quality standars have dropped since they moved production from Taiwan to India.

The regular Verbatim CD-R which I now have is indeed CMC media. But works much better than the poor quality DL+ made in India. I just worried that its not as durable or long lasting as the DL+ I have always been using.

Once I find a quality media its now hard to stick with as they keep changing manufacturering plants and you never know if you will get the same quality media as in your previously purchased. Its a pitty that there standards have dropped.

I’m in Australia. I remember I got a 10 pack of jewel case TDK CDR printable media made in Japan by TY. Im not sure what they go by in 50 or 100 packs. I’ll have to see if I can track some down.

Hi,[QUOTE=g12345567;2274994]
The regular Verbatim CD-R which I now have is indeed CMC media. But works much better than the poor quality DL+ made in India.[/quote]I agree.

I just worried that its not as durable or long lasting as the DL+ I have always been using.
I have a couple of MiC “Extra Protection” Verbatims, but I don’t have them long enough to judge about their durability.
The only discs that went bad due to “rotting” were some supermarket grade Ritek and some Sony CD-R. Maybe they got too much sun :wink:

I’m in Australia. I remember I got a 10 pack of jewel case TDK CDR printable media made in Japan by TY. Im not sure what they go by in 50 or 100 packs. I’ll have to see if I can track some down.
They are worth trying. :iagree:
Before getting 50 or 100 pack, I’d test if your player can handle them.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2275010]Hi,I agree. I have a couple of MiC “Extra Protection” Verbatims, but I don’t have them long enough to judge about their durability.
The only discs that went bad due to “rotting” were some supermarket grade Ritek and some Sony CD-R. Maybe they got too much sun :wink:
They are worth trying. :iagree:
Before getting 50 or 100 pack, I’d test if your player can handle them.

Michael[/QUOTE]

Have never seen made in China media yet here in Australia. Thy are probably available in other brands. But not in the brands I buy.

True I have no problems with the TDK TY made in Japan CD-Rs

[QUOTE=g12345567;2274893]Is there any difference between the cd-r?[/QUOTE]

The primary difference between regular Verbatim CD-Rs and Verbatim DataLifePlus CD-Rs is that the DataLifePLus CD-Rs are made with Verbatim’s own AZO dye, and theoretically, should have better longevity.

Also, regular Verbatim CD-Rs have identification codes (ATIP) that are from the company that is the outsourced manufacturer, such as CMC or Ritek. Verbatim DataLifePlus CD-Rs have ATIPs that identify them as actual Verbatim media.