Verbatim CD-R - age

vbimport

[QUOTE=EZ647;2543392]LG GSA-H22L 1.00, 79:07 min burned at 16x

sold as "Verbatim Crystal AZO CD-R 52x, new packaging "
ATIP: 97m34s23f

hub code: 034 43RH 1755
stamper code: ZE4347-CDR-A80A AZO

Made in India[/QUOTE]

Hi, I’m trying to determine if a collector cd I purchased for big money recently is authentic. It should have been recorded in 2005/2006, though I just purchased it 2 weeks ago.

Its inner/hub code is NO1ODO328013763 CZ (not entirely sure if they are numbers or letters/zeros & ones or o’s & l’s)
The outer (backwards)/hub code is ZE4347-CDR-A80A AZO.

Other than the music cd label, that is the only info on the disc.

I appreciate any help you can give me, as I’m trying to determine if it’s from 5 years ago, or is more recent. Thanks so much! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Alajandrew;2561157]Hi, I’m trying to determine if a collector cd I purchased for big money recently is authentic. It should have been recorded in 2005/2006, though I just purchased it 2 weeks ago.

Its inner/hub code is NO1ODO328013763 CZ (not entirely sure if they are numbers or letters/zeros & ones or o’s & l’s)
The outer (backwards)/hub code is ZE4347-CDR-A80A AZO.

Other than the music cd label, that is the only info on the disc.

I appreciate any help you can give me, as I’m trying to determine if it’s from 5 years ago, or is more recent. Thanks so much! :)[/QUOTE]

Hello Alajandrew, I am 80% sure that this CD isn’t more than 2 years old.

[QUOTE=Alajandrew;2561157] ZE4347-CDR-A80A AZO.

[/QUOTE]

oops read it wrong, yeah sounds about 2 years old

Thanks! What did you base those opinions one, please? I want to know if I should demand a refund/report the seller, or hang on to it (if it’s real I got a pretty good deal, even though it was a lot of money).

[QUOTE=Alajandrew;2561973]Thanks! What did you base those opinions one, please? I want to know if I should demand a refund/report the seller, or hang on to it (if it’s real I got a pretty good deal, even though it was a lot of money).[/QUOTE]

The ZE****-CDR-A80A AZO stampers are being used in Verbatim’s CD-R manufacture only since 2007/08.

Thank u so much, pepst!!

[QUOTE=Alajandrew;2581184]Thank u so much, pepst!![/QUOTE]

You’re welcome! :wink:

I had some old samsung CD-R’s from my 2nd gen cd-r burners that I tried to burn a couple of years ago and it failed (with many verify errors). Media are generally a use em or lose em propsition wiht recording… you don’t wanna hang into blank media more than 3 years wiithout recording. :disagree: