Verbatim AZO DVD+R (would these one's be quality discs)

Used to use Sony +16 but i gave up sony because there lack of ensuring the discs didn’t move around in the tub by using a thicker foam padding. I was fed up of unasable discs where they were scratched during transport from rattling in the tub.

Had a duration with some tdk light blue surface ones for a while they were little better than sony in the end. Then the dye changed and that ended.

Haven’t bought any dvd blanks discs for a year or so. No hard drives are getting full and needing to dump the data. DVD discs are still cheaper than hard drives, so looking to buy some quality blank dvd.

Have noticed people enthuse over verbatime here saying they are good. Here is a vertamin i have seen online, the store owner won’t open a pack and doesn’t know the mid.

Is there anyway i can tell from this picture and wrapper details. If they are the good vertaims or not to buy, i cannot visit to the store for real.

It says matt silver surface, not happy for that. But for now just need good grade discs that would like to last for many years. Do you think these verbatim would be the quality ones, that you would buy ?

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/3977/verbatim.jpg

Verbatim DVD+R uses Verbatim’s AZO Technology which ensures any recording to be of a superior quality. The broad compatibility of Verbatim’s discs make them ideal for sharing computer data, home videos, photos and music.
Key features:
AZO recording layer.
Highest Level of recording stability.
Superior Archival life.
For video (CLV) and Data (CAV) applications.
Capacity: 4.7GB
Speed: 16x
Pack Style: 50 Pack Spindle
Disc Surface: Matt Silver

It says 50pack above but are actualy 100 pack as can be sen from the picture. Pick 100 over 50 pack for better deal.

[QUOTE=robbi;2563133]Do you think these verbatim would be the quality ones, that you would buy ?[/QUOTE]
They are one of the best media you can currently buy. :iagree:

I just ordered these,

i just ordered a spindle of the branded Verbatim 16x +R. mine were manufactured in India. i have burned probably 25-30 of them so far and no problems. i have randomly scanned a few of them with kprobe and am showing some really good scans.

The AZOs are being discintinued and replaced with the non AZO verbatim life series.
There does not seem to be much info on how good the verbatim life series is unfortunately:(

[QUOTE=Klawdek;2565395]The AZOs are being discintinued and replaced with the non AZO verbatim life series.
There does not seem to be much info on how good the verbatim life series is unfortunately:([/QUOTE]

The Life Series (at least the DVD-R version) is one of the better CMC disks I’ve recently come across. The DVD+R version so far has not been quite as consistent.