Verbatim AZO 48X CD-R discs MADE IN CHINA!

vbimport

Yeah it’s a mess.

First the 20 slim discs which is TY and states made in Japan is correct.
The 20 slim discs which is CMC and states made in Japan is most likely wrong.
The 50 spindle with AZO discs that states made in China is most likely wrong. (MAY be correct though.)
The 50 spindle with CMC discs that states made in China is probably wrong.

Btw went to another ELKJØP store, guess what? CMC in the 50 spindles there :frowning:

I’ll post a K-probe scan of those later.

The spindles is IDENTICAL, same 3 plastic rings on the top.

Only difference is to look at the top disc in the spindle (no need to open it) and see if it has a black serial number (half of the serial number is covered by the 3 plastic rings, but still half is visible). Those with black serial numer is AZO discs :slight_smile:

Originally posted by OC-Freak

First the 20 slim discs which is TY and states made in Japan is correct.
The 20 slim discs which is CMC and states made in Japan is most likely wrong.

I’m not really sure what you mean here.

You said that you bought a 20 pack with slim covers, made in Japan which turned out to be CMC…this must be wrong as CMC do not have a factory in Japan.

Do you suppose that somebody bought a bunch of stampers from somebody else?

as CMC do not have a factory in Japan.
Of course, they don’t. That is why I called it fraud, 'coz those weren’t TY made in Japan but CMC made in Taiwan.
I mean if those “made in Japan” CMC are countrfeits, then how on earth could theyreach the Swedish market ?
That’s what makes me wonder.
If needed I can tomorrow make scans to at least compare the look of our discs.

Nope, but I think that the package is wrong. (should said “made in Taiwan” for the CMC discs).

Originally posted by rdgrimes

Do you suppose that somebody bought a bunch of stampers from somebody else?
Damn, it might be so. Simply because these CMC ( Verbatim, “made in Japan” ) don’t look alike the other CMC ( Philips, made in Taiwan ) bought at BB in the US.
Tomorrow I’ll post some scans here.

Nope, but I think that the package is wrong. (should said “made in Taiwan” for the CMC discs).
That’s what clearly stated on the other Verbatims (10pcs Super Azo ) - made in India, lol.

Do you suppose that TY could have manufactured the disks in Japan, shipped them in bulk to China to be packaged in the retail packaging, shrink wrapped, etc? Why would they do that? Because the cost of labor is lower in China. I am just guessing that this could have happened this way.

Originally posted by Captain Marvel

Do you suppose that TY could have manufactured the disks in Japan, shipped them in bulk to China to be packaged in the retail packaging, shrink wrapped, etc? Why would they do that? Because the cost of labor is lower in China. I am just guessing that this could have happened this way.
Yes, the guessing could have been right if the discs had been made of Cyanine, but they not.
As I said, the dye is Phthalocyanine and that’s why my first instant thought was about Mutsui Toatsu.

As promised,

On the left - Philips 48x ( by CMC ) made in Taiwan, on the right - Verbatim 48x ( by CMC ) "made in Japan "

Strange! My Verbatim Datalife ‘Made in China’ (50 pcs Cake - reorder 43351) CMC discs look different. I had to use my Digital Camera since the sn didn’t show when I scanned the CD. The sn is pressed into the plastic, and may cause the inner CD to crack; I saw two packs with the top CD cracked around the inner circle. I’m definitely not going to buy any more of these!

OC-Freak: Could you post a scan of your Datalife Azo China discs?

Sure, here is complete disc scans. All my Datalife discs look identical (both AZO, CMC and TY).

And for reference here is a Made in India Verbatim Datalifeplus Super AZO + Crystal:

Lite-On LTR-52246S, F/W 6S0F, 700Mb data
ATIP: 97m 26s 66f
Disc Manufacturer: CMC Magnetics Corp.
Reflective layer: Dye (Short strategy; e.g. Phthalocyanine)
Media type: CD-Recordable
Recording Speeds: min. unknown - max. unknown
nominal Capacity: 702.82MB (79m 59s 71f / LBA: 359846)

Sold as Verbatim datalife in 50 spindles.

I have burned around 20 of these Verbatim Datalife CMC now, and they perform surprisingly good when burned at 40x; no problems so far. Scanning in KProbe at 40x I get C1 max 10 and C1 avg around 0,2-0,4.

Burned and scanned in sony cdrx225e 52/24/52 @ LTR-52327S QS09

All my Datalife discs look identical (both AZO, CMC and TY).

How come ? Would you please post a TY scan/snapshot here.

Mis formulated for my part: The serial number is not the same, it’s the top print that is the same.

CMC: Clear serial number like Jalladoode.
TY: Stright serial number on frosted disc centre.
AZO: Large black serialn umber.

TY: Stright serial number on frosted disc centre.

He-he, believe it or not, but I’m pretty much aware of how the TY media is supposed to look like. :bigsmile:
'coz I got those here branded as TDK, Maxell, HP, Fuji and even Verbatim Pastel.
Never seen them being Verbatim Datalife though -
my own purchase turned out to be someting different than Verbatim DL by TY.

Originally posted by BoSkin
He-he, believe it or not, but I’m pretty much aware of how the TY media is supposed to look like. :bigsmile:
'coz I got those here branded as TDK, Maxell, HP, Fuji and even Verbatim Pastel.
Never seen them being Verbatim Datalife though -
my own purchase turned out to be someting different than Verbatim DL by TY.

I’ve got a 50 spindle of Verbatim DataLife made by TY.

Originally posted by Chriso

I’ve got a 50 spindle of Verbatim DataLife made by TY.
Congratulations ! What did they charge you for it ?
Yet that was not my point.

£11 (well £22 for two 50 spindles). Got them in a computer fair.