Verbatim AZO 16x DVD+/-R $19.89/$19.50 @ Amazon

vbimport

Just noticed these prices today at Amazon:

$19.89 for 100-pk AZO DVD+R

$19.50 for 100-pk AZO DVD-R

Free shipping fro Prime members. Can’t tell if they’re MIT or MIUAE.

Yo-

Good find on great media.

If you read around the edges - this is sold and shipped by Buy.com - so good luck if you have a customer service issue-eh!!

According to the buy.com page these are made in India.

http://www.buy.com/prod/verbatim-dvd-r-4-7gb-16x-100pk-spindle-95098-verbatim-16x-dvd-r-media/q/loc/101/10412813.html

Have they solved the quality issues for Made In India discs?

[QUOTE=RG;2518819]According to the buy.com page these are made in India.

http://www.buy.com/prod/verbatim-dvd-r-4-7gb-16x-100pk-spindle-95098-verbatim-16x-dvd-r-media/q/loc/101/10412813.html

Have they solved the quality issues for Made In India discs?[/QUOTE]

You know that may just be out dated (from when they recieved their first stock or something), or maybe updated from last time I bought them :confused:

I bought some off them around 3 weeks ago and got UAE DVD+R’s

I do not know if they update the “Country of Origin” with every shipment they get as I did not pay attention to the description when I bought them. But I did recieve UAE media from them just a few weeks back. As for MII I don’t not know if they have gotten better, as I only have UAE and MIT, and both of those are real good IMO.

Office Max has them for $17 in store after this printable coupon, so you can go to the store and check their country of origin.

EDIT: They also have Verbatim DVD+R 100 packs for $19.99 shipped from newegg, after promo code EMCVERDISOFF. I’m not sure if the promo code also works on DVD-R. I ordered 4 100-packs of DVD+R from them last week and they were all MIT.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817507005

Received mine today. The DVD-R (fulfilled by Amazon) are MIUAE. The DVD+R (fulfilled by Buy.com) are MIT.

I’m curious, are etailers substituting Life series for the MIT discs too?
I went to my local officemax, all they had were 2 azo -r’s and I wanted +r so I left… all the new discs regarless of series or quatity (verb) were MIT’s except for the 2 -r 100 packs. Something tells me you might end up MIT discs as a possbility instead of MIUAE even if AZO. Post back when you get 'em.

I think the Life Series are MIT because they have CMC MID codes.
The AZO could be MIT, MII or MIUAE. The last -R and +R I got from Newegg were both MIUAE. All the others before that were MIT except one -R MII.

[QUOTE=gruggs;2519233]I think the Life Series are MIT because they have CMC MID codes.
The AZO could be MIT, MII or MIUAE. The last -R and +R I got from Newegg were both MIUAE. All the others before that were MIT except one -R MII.[/QUOTE]

I could be mistaken, but I thought I saw some -R LIFE SEIRES MIUAE… Definitely the +rs were MITs. I was @ officemax yesterday & say 50packs LS + and - r’s both mit’s-- albeit at a crappy price given the quality. The $16.99 price was the better deal… but for cmc quality media you can take your pick amongst the crap out there from tdk, memores, magnavox, store brand, etc. No doubt the brand names will shake out to 3-4 tops including store brand-- too much B&M space wasted… it’s bad enough there’s + and -r, Rewriteables, dual layer + and -… etc. Microcenter has to devote 1 1/2 aisles to this sludge… won’t it be nice to get to blu-ray… one format record once, single layer, dual layer & rewriteables of each-- that’s it.

Imagine if blu-ray had a +r and -r… :doh::sad:

[QUOTE=tmc8080;2519224]I’m curious, are etailers substituting Life series for the MIT discs too?
I went to my local officemax, all they had were 2 azo -r’s and I wanted +r so I left… all the new discs regarless of series or quatity (verb) were MIT’s except for the 2 -r 100 packs. Something tells me you might end up MIT discs as a possbility instead of MIUAE even if AZO. Post back when you get 'em.[/QUOTE]

All the Life Series are MIT. That’s because they’re made by CMC. It has nothing to do with anything else. It’s possible that some might end up being MII, which would mean they are made by Moser Baer. No matter where the Life Series are made, they are not AZO and therefore, are not made with Mitsubishi/Verbatim materials. They are just plain old discs. They are not real Verbatim media. They just have the Verbatim name on them.

And yes, there is a strong possibility that as etailers run out of the AZO discs, they will start substituting the Life Series discs, so be careful.

According to the buy.com page these are made in India.

That means absolutely nothing. Stock is random. You’ll get what they happen to have in the warehouse at the time your order is picked for shipping. Do NOT rely on online product descriptions to decipher the specific country of manufacture.

Now $19.99 per 100-pack AZO for both DVD-R and DVD+R.

For anyone thats interested Amazon is again offering a free month of amazon prime

JT

I received mine today. all in good shape free 2nd day shipping. made in UAE Azo not life series

JT

Received two hundred today. Filled by Amazon. Made in UAE. Still 19.99 and free shipping on two (or anything over 25.00, of course).

+R are currently $18.99. Free shipping for Prime members. Link.