Verbatim AZ decent quality?

I ordered these as they don’t sell them locally. I was just wondering how they would compare with the TDK, MEMOREX, and MAXELL DVD+R Media I am used to using. thanks for any opinions! :slight_smile:

Correction, I think this should have been AZO sorry! :o

Much better against the typical tdk, memorex, maxell dvd+r’s. In recent batches I’ve tried of all three brands, they’ve all used the same CMC-MAG mid and have all scanned much worse than the MCC-004 based Verbatims, relatively speaking.

That said, initial scan may not make so much of a difference as long as you have no problems reading. Longer term reliability is more of a concern. Although with both types of dics degrading at the same rate, you’d expect the one with a better initial scan to fare better over the long run as well. Anyways, while I don’t know much about dyes, that’s what the AZO dye is supposed to help with as far as I know.

[QUOTE=crippledchicken;2234370]I ordered these as they don’t sell them locally. I was just wondering how they would compare with the TDK, MEMOREX, and MAXELL DVD+R Media I am used to using.[/QUOTE]

The Verbatims are better. In some cases, WAY better. Most people never utter the names of those other brands in the same sentence with Verbatim. They are in different leagues quality wise.

Here’s a synopsis of the quality range:

TDK, MAXELL, and MEMOREX = Average to Junk

VERBATIM = Good to Awesome

+1. Verbatim/AZO = leagues ahead of most others.

Verbatims are too good to be decent. :wink: :smiley:

Thanks for all the opinions! That’s the kind I wanted to hear too! :smiley: so, I guess I will be ordering those from now on from New Egg.