Verbatim and Fuji 24x CD-R

vbimport

I am looking at some Verbatim DataLifePlus Super AZO 24x

And these Fujifilm 24x CD-R’s

Does anyone know if the Verb’s could be AZO Blue or if not would be worth getting?

Would the Fujifilm be Taiyo Yudens??

edit: Come to think of it, aren’t the Fuji 16x and they put the sticker 24x over it?
If that is right then they should be TY…

Thanks

Verbies are definitely Azo (if they even have a logo on it) and will definitely be interesting… so are the Fujis :slight_smile:
I’d buy them just out of curiosity even if they were not MCC/TY, but chances are that these discs are MCC/TY.

Thanks kg_evilboy, I am almost positive the fuji are TY now. I remember years ago they relabeled the 16x Fuji to 24x, heck they even did it in store, you could peal off the label and there it was 16x haha.

Verbs are not azo blue. They would be Azo Green lol.

The last Metal Azo blue discs were 16x IIRC.

Correct, according to this they may be OK but not sure if I am going to get any of them.

“Verbatim DataLifePlus 1-24x Super Azo (Mitsubishi, Light Blue): They do look like a cheaper cd - kinda matte silvery cheap-looking label side, but they do perform quite well. They don’t seem to perform as well as the older dark blue CD-R’s however.”

[QUOTE=cd pirate;2138175]Verbs are not azo blue. They would be Azo Green lol.

The last Metal Azo blue discs were 16x IIRC.[/QUOTE]

[quote=cd pirate;2138175]Verbs are not azo blue. They would be Azo Green lol.

The last Metal Azo blue discs were 16x IIRC.[/quote]
correct, I just picked up some metal azo blue (ebay) dated 2000 they are 16x. @MD the 2x fuji’s for sale (same retailer) are MIJ Ricoh’s with gold reflective layer.

Did you bid and win the 2x jamescooley1??

I won the 24x Fuji, just what I was looking for AND with the large Jewel cases :wink:

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2138291]correct, I just picked up some metal azo blue (ebay) dated 2000 they are 16x. @MD the 2x fuji’s for sale (same retailer) are MIJ Ricoh’s with gold reflective layer.[/QUOTE]

[quote=MegaDETH;2138439]Did you bid and win the 2x jamescooley1??

I won the 24x Fuji, just what I was looking for AND with the large Jewel cases ;)[/quote]
:cool: I thought that might be you, I’m glad I did not bid on the 24x. Yes 2 weeks ago, they are 4x rated on the jewel case. I also won some(600:eek:) MIJ TDK 16x printable CD-R the same week. It is all from the same merchant, he still has more of the 4x Ricoh MIJ(Fuji) stuff. I had been telling myself no for the last 2 weeks on the 24x:p.

Are you finding all this at ByteFixx, or somewhere else?

[quote=negritude;2138451]Are you finding all this at ByteFixx, or somewhere else?

The total cost (including shipping) for the ByteFixx stuff in jewel cases is just too rich for me. The spindles are more reasonable.[/quote]
I think he paid about $38.00 for 100 CD-R probably old TY in Jewel cases.

Yes that’s correct, I need them and the cases so for me that is fair deal
adding in the cases I would have had to buy anyway.

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2138470]I think he paid about $38.00 for 100 CD-R probably old TY in Jewel cases.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha. I know the best media is often in jewel cases, but the weight makes shipping costs ridiculous sometimes.

:sad: I was just refunded my money.

Supposedly the item was sold a while ago but relisted by accident.

OK I can get some 40x Maxell (although slim cases) for a GOOD price.

Those should be Ritek right?

The 40x Maxell CD-R should be Ritek right?

I need to buy some this weekend and would like Branded media so if I can’t get any TY branded Ritek is my next choice.

[quote=MegaDETH;2140103]The 40x Maxell CD-R should be Ritek right?

I need to buy some this weekend and would like Branded media so if I can’t get any TY branded Ritek is my next choice.[/quote]
Yes, they even come in a spindle that is shaped like TY spindle. Sam’s club should have Maxell branded TY.

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2140142]Sam’s club should have Maxell branded TY.[/QUOTE]

I thought those were discontinued awhile back. Have you seen them in Sam’s lately?

:doh:Have not been there lately. Next time I am near one I will check but your probably right.

I step by more than ten Sams store ( [B]NJ / MD / NY / VA[/B] )
there is No Maxell Brand DVD and CD-R

[quote=Burnsama;2140207]I step by more than ten Sams store ( [B]NJ / MD / NY / VA[/B] )
there is No Maxell Brand DVD and CD-R[/quote]

Yep, those Maxell TY CD-Rs disappeared right after they cleared out those last packs of Verbatim 8x DVD media.