Verbatim 8x +R MCC003 MIT - 200 for $48 shipped

vbimport

http://www.meritline.com/verbatim-8x-dvd-plus-r-media-94968.html

2 x 100 spindles branded Verbatim 8x DVD+R for $47.99 with free ground shipping.

I’ve bought them there three times over the last 2 months and gotten MCC003 MIT on all the spindles. The free shipping offers usually don’t last long and this is cheaper than the $50/200 and $28/100 I’ve gotten them at before with free shipping.

This is still one of my favorites but getting very hard to find at a decent price. It burns very well at 12x on my Pioneer 115D.

Verbatim 8x DVD+R should be MCC003 MIT. There is no other.
Maybe you are confused with 16x MII? No MII in MCC003.
Only question is of Meritline.

You’re both slightly incorrect. Verbatim media codes are always the same no matter where the media is made. The MIDs are about the manufacturing specs, materials, and speed, not country of origin.

Now as for this deal, it looks good, although I personally hate ordering media spindles via postal mail, because the packing is always so lousy, and there is almost always some damage. Even if it’s minor, it’s still very annoying and aggravating. I’m too spoiled by being able to go to the store and pick out perfect looking spindles.

All the spindles I’ve gotten have been labelled “Made In Taiwan” and have an MCC003 MID. I’m pretty sure that all the Verbatim 8x +R I’ve ever used have been the same but I don’t spend much time here so I’m just reporting the information.

I don’t think I’m “confused” or “slightly incorrect”.

I’ve generally avoided Meritline in the past but all 3 shipments I’ve gotten of these have been very well packed with no movement of the spindles within the shipping box. YMMV.

Verbatim MCC003 has always worked out VERY well for me in the past and these have been no exception.

I rarely scan discs since I’ve found it a poor predictor of readability but I’ve done some of these and typically see ~3000 PIE and ~300 PIF totals on these on a Benq 1640 at 8x. I keep an old speed hacked LiteOn 166s drive around for testing as I’ve found the transfer tests from it a much better predictor. I used MCSE to enable bit setting on the Pioneer 115 and the 166s sees the burns as DVD-ROM and reads them at 16x in under 5 min. Virtually all of the 115D MCC003 burns have flawless curves with no dips. Many pressed SL discs don’t do as well.

Bottom line for me is I prefer these to even TY T02 from Rima that I’ve bought in the past so I’ve stocked up before they disappear for good.

Mike

[quote=SOCALUS;2050617]Verbatim 8x DVD+R should be MCC003 MIT. There is no other.
Maybe you are confused with 16x MII? No MII in MCC003.
Only question is of Meritline.[/quote] There have been Verbatim branded MCC003 Made in India (by Moser Baer) - at least in Europe; I’ve bought and burned some myself a while back.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2050884]There have been Verbatim branded MCC003 Made in India (by Moser Baer) - at least in Europe; I’ve bought and burned some myself a while back.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Like I said, doesn’t matter where it’s made, the code is the same. People tend to think that the media code tells you where something was made. It never has and it never will.

I don’t think they are using the media code to see where they are made, they are just saying they prefer some countries of origin over others. (example MIT over MII just like people prefer MIS)

Here is Store wide 10% off Coupon Code
[B]SW10POFF[/B]

[QUOTE=Burnsama;2051741]Here is Store wide 10% off Coupon Code
[B]SW10POFF[/B][/QUOTE]

:bow:$43.19/200 thanks Burnsama

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2051758]:bow:$43.19/200 thanks Burnsama[/QUOTE]

Nice. That’s $21.59 per 100-pack. About as good as it gets.

Please let us know if your spindles arrive in good condition. I’m too scared to buy 100-packs online.

This is the same price when Verbatim goes on sale @BB, CC or any other retailers.

[QUOTE=TCAS;2051775]This is the same price when Verbatim goes on sale @BB, CC or any other retailers.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but they don’t carry 8x Verbatim anymore. If you want MCC 003 or MCC 02RG20, this is a good deal.

I paid $19.99 for 100 Verbatim DVD+Rs…but they were 4x and Made in Singapore (MCC 002). The price alone doesn’t always tell you the value.

[QUOTE=negritude;2051774]Nice. That’s $21.59 per 100-pack. About as good as it gets.

Please let us know if your spindles arrive in good condition. I’m too scared to buy 100-packs online.[/QUOTE]

I have ordered these before, about 2 months ago they were MIT by Prodisc, arrived in perfect condition, but I will post info. again, when they arrive.

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2051781]I have ordered these before, about 2 months ago they were MIT by Prodisc…[/QUOTE]

How do they burn compared to 16x Verbs? Are you liking them better? Even better than old-style 16x PAPA or MAPA?

Also, on average, which is better, MCC 003 or MCC 02RG20?

[QUOTE=negritude;2051782]How do they burn compared to 16x Verbs? Are you liking them better? Even better than old-style 16x PAPA or MAPA?

Also, on average, which is better, MCC 003 or MCC 02RG20?[/QUOTE]

They burn nice@8x, but old style PAPA is better I always have nicer burns with the CMC MAG. made verbies (003 or 004) and I prefer 003 over 02RG20, the PIE is usually much lower on average.

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2051758]:bow:$43.19/200 thanks Burnsama[/QUOTE]

Your very welcome :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2051787]They burn nice@8x, but old style PAPA is better I always have nicer burns with the CMC MAG. made verbies (003 or 004) and I prefer 003 over 02RG20, the PIE is usually much lower on average.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info jamescooley1 :wink:

[QUOTE=negritude;2051774]Nice. That’s $21.59 per 100-pack. About as good as it gets.

Please let us know if your spindles arrive in good condition. I’m too scared to buy 100-packs online.[/QUOTE]

Spindles were in perfect condition, although slightly below average pack job, but Fedex did a good job in handling, there were 3-4 discs on top that had spots and blemishes BUT they are CMC MAG.made (Verbatim Branded) PAH6 and burn perfect!1st burn is @ 8x with Samsung 203B FW SB01(ck’s) and the 2nd is @8x with Pioneer 215D FW1.18, perfect TRT’S. These were clean DVD’s

Coupon code has now expired.:sad:

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2057005]Spindles were in perfect condition, although slightly below average pack job, but Fedex did a good job in handling, there were 3-4 discs on top that had spots and blemishes BUT they are CMC MAG.made (Verbatim Branded) PAH6 and burn perfect!1st burn is @ 8x with Samsung 203B FW SB01(ck’s) and the 2nd is @8x with Pioneer 215D FW1.18, perfect TRT’S. These were clean DVD’s[/QUOTE]

They burn just as well at 12x on my Pioneer 115D FW1.18.

[quote=negritude;2050656]You’re both slightly incorrect. Verbatim media codes are [B]always[/B] the same no matter where the media is made. The MIDs are about the manufacturing specs, materials, and speed, not country of origin.

Now as for this deal, it looks good, although I personally hate ordering media spindles via postal mail, because the packing is always so lousy, and there is almost always some damage. Even if it’s minor, it’s still very annoying and aggravating. I’m too spoiled by being able to go to the store and pick out perfect looking spindles.[/quote]
You are correct negritude, buying media in the mail usually means poor packaging and damaged media, but this deal is good if you knew you would get the old PAPA MCC-003. I have so much media now I could not even think about this deal, but for the vanishing MCC003 media code, this might be great. 200 for 48 bucks is a deal on these. Like I said I would jump on it in a minute if I needed media.