Verbatim 8x +R is coaster - 16x +R is perfect - confused

vbimport

Ok, here is where I am at. I am burning both movies and Proshow Gold generated videos onto DVD’s.

I started with Verbatim 16x +R (MCC 004), setting the booktype to DVD-Rom in Nero 6.6. They played on all my DVD drives (PC), as well as both my new and very old (not compatible with any DVD-ram types) DVD player, and my Xbox.

I decided I wanted to be able to print on the DVD’s, so I bought some Verbatim 8x +R (MCC 003) discs. These discs will play in the drive that burned them (Sony DW D22A) and in my fairly new DVD player. However, my two LG DVD-Rom drives (not compatible with +R), my Xbox, and my old Toshiba SD-2107 all will not read or recognize these discs.

If I use DVD-Info on my Sony drive, it shows the booktype as DVD-Rom on the discs that were burned, but still none of these drives will read these new discs. I have tried burning at both 4x and 8x.

To say I am frustrated is an understatement. I also bought an Epson r-200 to print on these discs, but I have yet to get a good disc to print on.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Billy