Verbatim 8x DVD±R 50 disc spindles at Sam's (YMMV)

While browsing my local Sam’s club in Lithonia, GA for media (I had intended to get a 100 disc spindle of the inkjet printable DVD-Rs) I ran across quite an unexpected find. There were plenty of 8x spindles of both DVD formats for $14.73, a little more than what the 16x spindles go on sale for these days but nice for those who prefer the 8x media. This is probably a local deal only since the price sticker said “one time offer” but you might want to pop into the store near you or call to see if they have any. One other caveat: the 8x DVD-R spindles were Prodisc-style cakeboxes but turned out to be CMC-manufactured MCC02RG20. It’s not the first time I’ve been tricked by the cakebox from Verbatim media at Sam’s; the last time was early last year buying the 8x +R spindles.

mine Sam do not have 8x any more but they were old stock and it is real good compare to their 16x

Problem with Sam’s Clubs is they all seem to operate independently. Prices at one store can be different at another store or worse, they don’t even carry the same items. That said, I’ve [B]never[/B] seen [I]any[/I] good prices on DVD media there.