Verbatim 8x DVD+R disc 4,7GB Pearl White (Advanced AZO)

i bouth this a few days ago and i can not see eny advanced azo on the dvd or the label. Could eny 1 pleas tell me if is or not.

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R:CMC MAG-E01-000]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD+R] - [Not Available]
Manufacturer Name : [CMC Magnetics Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [CMC MAG]
Media Type ID : [E01]
Product Revision : [Not Specified]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,295,104 Sectors = 4.70 GB (4.38 GiB)]
Recording Speeds : [1x-2.4x , 4x , 6x-8x]

[ DVD Identifier V4.2.0 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

here is test on a burned dvd.

Did you buy these in the USA. If so , where? There has been many posts on these “Pearl White Verbs” Do a search.

i got them in norway. i have been looking around but i have not seen eny one telling if thay are or not. Im more confused now, then befor i started this.

thay are not advanced azo, but azo only. could eny 1 pleas tell me if the scan is good or bad.

Burn type “rett i søpla” :wink:

Not good, not good at all. Though the standard here is scanning at 5x with NECs, so there’s a chance it’ll improve somewhat… and while you’re at it, post a speed graph as well.

Q.

hm speed graph, no ide what that is but i post 2 scans and hope its one of them.

The PIF (the bottom graph on Disc Quality) shouldn’t be above 8. Maybe burn another disc to test?

They are CMC MAG

this was the name of the add
Verbatim 8x DVD+R disc 4,7GB Pearl White (Advanced AZO) 200-pack Cake Box
this is the name now
Verbatim 8x DVD+R disc 4,7GB Pearl White 200-pack Cake Box

but the last mail i got from them thay still say that thay are advanced azo and a friend of mine talked to one of them, and hi was told that thay are advanced azo but it dos not say so on the dvd or the box. so hove can i prove that thay are not??

They are NOT advanced AZO.

They are not even the “Datalife Plus” type that used to ship to Europe (MCC003 media code) for Verbatim’s DVD+R 8X, because MCC stopped producing them for Verbatim

I have the new CMC MAG 01 disks as well (bought in Germany) and they’re not good as the predecessors MCC003 (slower to burn, worse quality)

Mine (in 25pcs spindle) have an “AZO” logo on the label and no “DataLife Plus” logo as the old MCC003 ones. This means they are NOT Advanced AZO, I don’t need to prove it, they need to prove me that they are!!!

I bought them from CDRohlinge24 in Luxembourg where they had the old package (Advanced AZO - DataLife Plus) advertised.

When I complained about it, they told me that they specified in the website they can change the product shipped with similar ones if they change the stock… not really happy about it but it’s true that Verbatim in EU has changed supplier for +R 8x :rolleyes:

Anyway, they said that I can ask, next time, to have exactly what I specify, with no change, and they will avoid to send different stuff. I will… I cannot burn those CMC MAG E01 at 8x…