Verbatim 4x DVD-R?

vbimport

How are these medias when used with the NEC ND-2500a? Good or bad? I can get them at work for about $1 a piece. I’m curious if they’re capable of buring at 6x or 8x. Thanks.

I’ve burned them at 8x no probs before with stock 1.06 firmware. Not had such good results with later firmwares.

I’m currently using Herrie’s 1.07b9a firmware. So no luck burning these Verbatim DVD-Rs at 8x huh?

Verbatim discs are mainly made by Mitsubishi (MCC) these discs should work fine with all firmwares for the 2500A @ 8x!

thanks for your input Herrie. i guess my biggest concern is whether these verbatims can handle being burned at 8x with good results.

Originally posted by j00k
thanks for your input Herrie. i guess my biggest concern is whether these verbatims can handle being burned at 8x with good results.

They should :slight_smile:

Ive done it with no problems, probably the most reliable 4x media to burn at 8x.

Right on! Thanks! :bigsmile:

Here’s my first burn at 8x using Verbatim 4x DVD-R (MCC 01RG20)

But dvdinfopro scan came up okay. Should I be concerned or should I drop the recording speed down a notch?

Suck it and see

Just tried another dvd burn at 8x with these medias and the scan is not good at all. I suppose I could try 6x.

High speed burns on this media can be a bit hit or miss. I’ve decided to stcik to 4x burning with these discs.

Yeah so have I, D’OH!

Odd, Ive never had a problem with them. Guess writing at higher than the rated speed really is hit or miss.