Verbatim 4.7GB 16X DVD+R 100pk $19.99 shipped

vbimport

From this morning’s newsletter:

Use code EMCYRZP36 for free shipping.

FWIW the last pack of Verbs I got from Newegg was MIUAE.

Thanks! I’ve been on the sidelines while newegg added that $1.99 shipping charge. I thought only the -R’s were MIUAE… My 50-pack of -R’s are just about done so I would have just gone to microcenter for another 50 @ $11.99 so for $8 more this will hold me for a while, until I decide to buy a 2tb hard drive! It seems it’s now or hurry up & wait until holiday season arrives to get a cheaper price what, with gas prices going sky high again!
:wink:

that’s awfully tempting at that price but lately i been mostly getting DVD-R Verb’s simply due to that extra storage they have, as even though it’s not much (i.e. about 7MB), that can be the difference at times between fitting two 7GB video files on 3 DVD Recordables vs not as soemtimes the mkvmergeGUI app i use to split the video files can’t seem to split it perfectly as sometimes it goes a hair to big to where it will fit on a DVD-R disc but not a DVD+R disc. ( i like to be fairly efficient when burning my discs as i don’t got money to burn. so when i burn a DVD disc i like to make it count :wink: )

if it where not for that, i would generally be getting the Verbatim DVD+R discs :wink:

For me it’s not about the 7mb (1 cdr worth based upon 100 pack), it’s the better error correction efficiency that makes +rs worth it for data backups, however I’ve noticed verbatim seems to be doing a good job with both types lately. Only upgrade from there are ty or some dupicator premium grade such as microboards which are ultra expensive.

[QUOTE=reptile;2509816]From this morning’s newsletter:

Use code EMCYRZP36 for free shipping.

FWIW the last pack of Verbs I got from Newegg was MIUAE.[/QUOTE]

Mine were MIUAE too.

I’ve just gotten them & can report the +Rs are MIUAEs… scans seem pretty good, with PIFs in the expected range of about 150-300. The other OBVIOUS this is that the PIEs are MUCH LOWER on the +R than -R… (0.25 - 3.x VS 3-30k per sector scanning @ 8x). The ends of these +rs seem more solid (as in not as bendable/flexible) as the -R 50pack I’m just finishing up today. Looking @ the +r scans I remember why +r was my preference in the first place… the PIE error profile is MUCH LOWER on average which in theory makes for faster reads-- possibly a longer substrate integrity profile down the line… feel free to correct or comment on this assumption.

[QUOTE=tmc8080;2510245]For me it’s not about the 7mb (1 cdr worth based upon 100 pack), it’s the better error correction efficiency that makes +rs worth it for data backups, however I’ve noticed verbatim seems to be doing a good job with both types lately. Only upgrade from there are ty or some dupicator premium grade such as microboards which are ultra expensive.[/QUOTE]

i think your missing my point… that 7MB or so actually DOES matter in my case as some video files i split so they will fit onto 3 discs (just barely) sometimes go SLIGHTLY over 4.7 GB to the point it won’t fit on a DVD+R but will still fit on a DVD-R. that’s pretty much THE ONLY reason i mostly buy DVD-R lately.

besides that i would agree and go with DVD+R in general because of the error correction stuff and generally lower PIE’s and BookType adjustments etc. (so in other words… most people better off getting DVD+R )

Just placed an order for 2x25=50 JVC 16x DVD+R (YUDEN000 T03) € 12.90 shipped

http://i.ebayimg.com/03/%21BpTS%28m%21B2k%7E$%28KGrHqMH-DMEu%28GLq%29+3BLqyEhb8dg%7E%7E_12.JPG

I have a huge stash, but still I just need to satisfy my curiosity.
Scans will be following. :slight_smile: