Verbatim 4.7GB 16X DVD+R 100 Packs 16.99 Free Shipping @ Newegg

vbimport

Thanks UhClem

[QUOTE=gruggs;2555626]Thanks UhClem[/QUOTE]
No problem!
But we have already been running this topic for quite some time now… :flower:

4.7gb of data for backups is too small. Think about the 1+ terabyte drives. dvd is on it’s way out as viable backup option. Bring on LoWeR BlUeRaY Price$!

Received 3 today from Tenn. Made in Taiwan. AZO

[QUOTE=felch;2556124]Received 3 today from Tenn. Made in Taiwan. AZO[/QUOTE]

[B]PAPA[/B] or [B]PAP6[/B] ?
TIA :slight_smile:

Yo-

Ordered my two cakes - thanks for the heads up-eh!!

[QUOTE=tonich;2555719]No problem!
But we have already been running this topic for quite some time now… :flower:[/QUOTE]

Yo-

The [I]‘other’ [/I]thread is almost 3 months old and refers to $19.99 Verbatim-

Making this thread fresh, relevant and up to date - at a much lower price - and [B][I][U]that is what this forum is all about[/U][/I][/B]-

Many thanks to the OP-eh :clap:

[QUOTE=Burnsama;2556145][B]PAPA[/B] or [B]PAP6[/B] ?
TIA :)[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the wait. My old eyes are seeing PAP7.

[QUOTE=felch;2556157]Sorry for the wait. My old eyes are seeing PAP7.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info felch :slight_smile:
I never had [B]PAP7 [/B]? interesting :iagree:

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2556156]Yo-

The [I]‘other’ [/I]thread is almost 3 months old and refers to $19.99 Verbatim-

Making this thread fresh, relevant and up to date - at a much lower price - and [B][I][U]that is what this forum is all about[/U][/I][/B]-

Many thanks to the OP-eh :clap:[/QUOTE]

Thank You. Mine came from Memphis, MIUAE.

[QUOTE=gruggs;2556175]Thank You. Mine came from Memphis, MIUAE.[/QUOTE]

UAE ? more interesting ?

The MITs I have gotten have been average MCC MIT discs. These MIUAEs are some of the best scans I have had. Here is one burnt at 8x.

[QUOTE=tmc8080;2555946]4.7gb of data for backups is too small. Think about the 1+ terabyte drives. dvd is on it’s way out as viable backup option. Bring on LoWeR BlUeRaY Price$![/QUOTE]

sadly, that’s becoming more and more true as each day passes. especially since everyone seems to be going to HD ‘stuff’ online over the last year or two. but at least DVD is not ancient like CD-R’s as using those would get quite expensive for DATA backup.

but right now ill be staying with DVD for a while i suspect until Blu-Ray stuff becomes close to dirt cheap. say about 50-75 MAX for the burner and $1 dollar max per disc.

plus i figure by the time blu-ray stuff gets dirt cheap by then the technology/burners will be up to a reliable level like how DVD’s are now i would think. as usually the early burners/discs are probably generally more crappy vs once it gets more mature.

p.s. but at least DVD is still a nice backup option for standard def files like XviD (.avi) but nowadays everyone seems to be moving onto x264 (h264) because of the HD stuff and it does look quite good. but standard def is still a nice option for less important stuff.

dead deal :sad:
ya win some & booze some:p

Yo-

Got my two cakes today = PAP7

Deal back on.

Which is currently better, the +R listed by OP, or the -R now at same price at Newegg?: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817507005

Cyber Monday only -R $16.99 HERE :wink:

I ordered this last week. Was hoping to hit the DVD lottery & get some unearthed MIT (which I’ve always had good burns with) or UAE which I was willing to try after reading good reports here.

But instead I got MII (Made in India). I’ve never tried these and have avoided them successfully up until now.

To add insult to injury the spindle looks like it fell off a shelf - the bottom of the spindle is smashed up including the center piece (it will not even stand up straight now because the center piece on the bottom is all deformed from being squashed), and the wrapping on the bottom is ripped. This didn’t happen in the shipping box on its way to me - it happened before it was boxed up. The bastards just sent me a damaged pack figuring I wouldn’t care. I’ve ordered many things from Newegg in the past and this is my first bad experience.

I may return it but haven’t decided yet, need to figure out what their return process is. Sigh…

[QUOTE=slipkid;2560361]
But instead I got MII (Made in India). I’ve never tried these and have avoided them successfully up until now.

To add insult to injury the spindle looks like it fell off a shelf - the bottom of the spindle is smashed up including the center piece (it will not even stand up straight now because the center piece on the bottom is all deformed from being squashed), and the wrapping on the bottom is ripped. This didn’t happen in the shipping box on its way to me - it happened before it was boxed up. The bastards just sent me a damaged pack figuring I wouldn’t care. I’ve ordered many things from Newegg in the past and this is my first bad experience.

I may return it but haven’t decided yet, need to figure out what their return process is. Sigh…[/QUOTE]

the MII is still better than anything your going to find at the store (only Sony is consistent)

as far as trying to return them - if you have less then 10 damaged discs, cut your losses and keep them
the damage you describe is consistent with other members experiences from the spindle not being packed properly
(i.e.-not bubbble wrapped or packed in foam peanuts)
it happens from alot of e-tailers :eek: