Verbatim 32X

vbimport

Tomorrow they are on sale at Best Buy (with free shipping) for $.499 AR (50 disc spindle). Does anyone know who makes them? My last Verbatim spindle was Mitsubishi, but that was quite a while ago.

The Fuji 24X will be $9.99 after rebate for 100, so I'll probably go for that and keep my fingers crossed that my TDK 32X (Liteon) CDRW can burn them at 32x.

Verbatim’s are made by Mitsubishi Chemicals.
I have only good experiences with those.

Be sure they are ‘DataLife PLUS’.
The normal ones are of inferior quality.

If they are DataLife Plus, and are made in Taiwan, they are good They work better in my LiteOn than TY do.

Originally posted by theEye
[B]Verbatim’s are made by Mitsubishi Chemicals.
I have only good experiences with those.

Be sure they are ‘DataLife PLUS’.
The normal ones are of inferior quality. [/B]

yes i can also second that. it must say Data life plus, if it just says Data life than your getting a poor quality pthalocyanine cdr that is made by CMC magnetics. these cdrs gather all the bad parts about verbatims azo cdrs (unable to write at VERY high speeds)
and all the bad things about pthalocyanine cdrs (poor durability) and mix it together to make the poorest quality cdr you can buy!!

:wink:

The picture scanned on the Best Buy Website says Data Life Plus and Super AZO, but it looks to me as tho it says Made in Taiwan as well. Would Mitsubishi be Made in Japan?

No, they’re made inTaiwan.
The 24x DataLife Plus are made in Mexico, and are crappy media, the 32x are very good. They are all Mitsubishi-made.

Thanks, have you tried burning the24X Fuji (TY) with your Liteon? The deal for them is 9.99 AR for 100, and I’m not sure I need 150 discs right now though it’s certainly a good deal. The only thing that’s holding me back with the Fuji’s is the 24X speed rating (I have a TDK - Liteon 32X burner) tho some old Fuji’s I tried, which are at least a year old, burned @ 32x and they must be no more than 16X I imagine.:rolleyes:

The Fuji’s are TY media, very good and can be burned at 32x no problem.