Verbatim 25gb 6x BD-R disks on sale at Newegg

vbimport

Newegg has the 6x Verbatim 25gb BD-R disks on sale now for $16.99, with free shipping.

Lowest price I’ve seen on Verbatim BD-R for a while.

DIG-11236-10 DIGISTORâ„¢ 25GB Blu-ray BD-R Media (10 pack) $14.50 ($1.45 per disc) :bigsmile:
no free shipping this month, but sometimes the facebook promo page has free 2day shipping, so that will probably come back around.

white inkjet printable too etc etc… digistor 25GB media

Uh… You can get discs for under $1 each if you don’t care about the brand. Verbatim BD-R discs are probably the best blanks you can get in the US at a reasonable price. I’ve never even heard of Digistor.

At least there are more BRANDS coming on the market-- Imation (TDK?) brand is also a newcomer to blu ray (at least I didn’t see newegg having them before).

for a new list look here:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&Description=bd-r%2025%20pack&bop=And&Order=PRICE&PageSize=20

Can you post the links for $1 per blu ray (w/ free shipping), as newegg is charging for shipping or has the price at about $30 (which pushes them to about $1.19 a disc)

Also, I’ve found that my lg blu ray burner can occasionally have buffer under-run even @ 4x… my WD 1tb black drive should be plenty fast to not have this happen. Fully defragged so what’s happening? I have about 680gb spoken for… should that mater?

[QUOTE=tmc8080;2588406]Can you post the links for $1 per blu ray (w/ free shipping), as newegg is charging for shipping or has the price at about $30 (which pushes them to about $1.19 a disc)[/QUOTE]Well, as of right now there aren’t any that I know of. However…

These drop to $20 w/ free shipping for 25 discs fairly regularly.

These sometimes drop under $30 w/ free shipping for 30 discs.

Usually at least once a week Meritline has some for $1 each (shipped) using the promo codes they e-mail people daily.

[QUOTE=tmc8080;2588406]At least there are more BRANDS coming on the market-- Imation (TDK?) brand is also a newcomer to blu ray (at least I didn’t see newegg having them before).

for a new list look here:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&Description=bd-r%2025%20pack&bop=And&Order=PRICE&PageSize=20

Can you post the links for $1 per blu ray (w/ free shipping), as newegg is charging for shipping or has the price at about $30 (which pushes them to about $1.19 a disc)

Also, I’ve found that my lg blu ray burner can occasionally have buffer under-run even @ 4x… my WD 1tb black drive should be plenty fast to not have this happen. Fully defragged so what’s happening? I have about 680gb spoken for… should that mater?[/QUOTE]
Imation, Maxell, Rosewill, Memorex are Ritek MID.
Here are the best price Inkjet printable and burn just as well as Verb BD-R http://www.mediamegamall.com/smartblu-bluray-disc-25gb-white-inkjet-print-25pk-cakebox-sbr4wih25-p-27686.html free shipping if you buy 50. TDK MID made by FTI.

Thanks, the optical quantums are the one’s I watch the price on… I’ve used about 8/25 discs so I can wait for a sale which brings them @ or below $1 with free shipping. Dunno if I’ll trust Memorex yet… does anyone have a guess on quality differences, if any between “brands”?

I’m guessing that the processes to make dvds are almost the same as blu ray, but it’s possible the quality differences aren’t much better or worse since these are consolidated production factories capable of making blu ray among fewer brands/companies. Will we learn which factories in which countries might make “better” blu ray’s the way we do with Verbatims during time sensitive production runs?

:slight_smile:

How about a (Nov. )black friday special of 100 4x blu rays for $50-$60?
That’d prob. be good for the whole year :slight_smile:
(or a month for some of you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

[QUOTE=tmc8080;2588462]Thanks, the optical quantums are the one’s I watch the price on… I’ve used about 8/25 discs so I can wait for a sale which brings them @ or below $1 with free shipping. Dunno if I’ll trust Memorex yet… does anyone have a guess on quality differences, if any between “brands”?

I’m guessing that the processes to make dvds are almost the same as blu ray, but it’s possible the quality differences aren’t much better or worse since these are consolidated production factories capable of making blu ray among fewer brands/companies. Will we learn which factories in which countries might make “better” blu ray’s the way we do with Verbatims during time sensitive production runs?

:slight_smile:

How about a (Nov. )black friday special of 100 4x blu rays for $50-$60?
That’d prob. be good for the whole year :slight_smile:
(or a month for some of you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )[/QUOTE]
OQ is Philip R04 MID which is mediocre quality at best. I have tested most of the BD-R major brands and have scans to post soon. Kodak was a pleasant surprise but nothing to get excited about. Verb or SmartBlu are the only names I trust in BD-R. Even TY LTH type is so-so. BTW Verb 6x yields excellent 8x burns. Thanks Kerry.

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2588443]Imation, Maxell, Rosewill, Memorex are Ritek MID.
Here are the best price Inkjet printable and burn just as well as Verb BD-R http://www.mediamegamall.com/smartblu-bluray-disc-25gb-white-inkjet-print-25pk-cakebox-sbr4wih25-p-27686.html free shipping if you buy 50. TDK MID made by FTI.[/QUOTE]
correction: Rosewill is CMCMAG made and it is OK.

It gets even better. :smiley: They’re still $16.99 with free shipping and now there’s a promo code at Newegg for 15% off all Verbatim media. EMCYTZT474 (through 5/18).

That’s $14.44 for a 10pk of 6x Verbatim BD-Rs. Not too shabby.