Verbatim 25 Pack BD-R Discs - 25GB, 6x, Spindle - $14.99 AFTER REBATE

vbimport

Today’s Price: $32.99 Less Rebate: -$18.00

Ends 03/31/2014. See Terms.Restrictions Apply.NOTICE: Limit (3) THREE rebates per person, billing address, company, or household

Final Price: $14.99 * After Rebate

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?sdtid=6812810&EdpNo=2262774&SRCCODE=LINKSHARE&cm_mmc_o=-ddCjC1bELltzywCjC-d2CjCdwwp&utm_source=Linkshare&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=lw9MynSeamY&AffiliateID=lw9MynSeamY-pPO494uBznKhH2q_Rc58fw

If those are indeed non-LTH discs then that is a steal with free shipping. Too bad I stocked up recently.

I thought rumors were that Verbatim wasn’t making their own discs any longer?

Hi,

Is there anyway to tell if these are LTH or HTH?

Thanks
NBK

[QUOTE=NBK;2723927]Hi,

Is there anyway to tell if these are LTH or HTH?

Thanks
NBK[/QUOTE]There’s no mention of LTH on Verbatim’s product page. In contrast LTH BD-R media states it right on the product page. Also, there are no listings of 25pk spindles of LTH media on Verbatim’s site.

[QUOTE=Stereodude;2723878]I thought rumors were that Verbatim wasn’t making their own discs any longer?[/QUOTE]

Is there any evidence of that or just rumor? Has anyone seen a quality hit in Verbatims for it to matter if true?

@SomeRandomGuy - Thanks, I paid $24 for my last stack, will definitely take them up on this since the model 97457 is identical: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00471HK0Q
:clap:

Edit: Rebate says up to 3 but 1 rebate per envelope. Does that mean you need to make 3 separate purchases so the discs are on separate receipts?

with the price of stamps going up to 49 cents per envelope… I think companies OFFERING rebates should put product SERIAL numbers (or share in the retailer’s return/RMA data for however long the return window is) on their indvidiual products when they decide to do a rebate offer so we don’t have to (snail) mail a physical set of papers to them. spending $1.47 to mail 3 rebates is unacceptable… even staples is eliminating the mailing in of proof of purchase on 99% of items.

Also, I wouldn’t mind getting a gift debit card if the expiry was longer and you could reload it for free (with a reasonable minimum amount-- say $50-$75) or other rebates. Let’s save the wasteful processing.

[QUOTE=DoctorM;2723932]Is there any evidence of that or just rumor? Has anyone seen a quality hit in Verbatims for it to matter if true?[/QUOTE]Well, their dual layer BD-R discs are made by Panasonic now with the MEI media id to boot. However, that might be a positive, not a negative.

[QUOTE=tmc8080;2723989]with the price of stamps going up to 49 cents per envelope… I think companies OFFERING rebates should put product SERIAL numbers (or share in the retailer’s return/RMA data for however long the return window is) on their indvidiual products when they decide to do a rebate offer so we don’t have to (snail) mail a physical set of papers to them. spending $1.47 to mail 3 rebates is unacceptable… even staples is eliminating the mailing in of proof of purchase on 99% of items.

Also, I wouldn’t mind getting a gift debit card if the expiry was longer and you could reload it for free (with a reasonable minimum amount-- say $50-$75) or other rebates. Let’s save the wasteful processing.[/QUOTE]

There is a “No Wait Rebate” option. I don’t know what’s involved with it though.

Choose our No-Wait-Rebate service. We will mail your Rebate payment via 1st class mail within 5-7 business days from the date of approval of your claim for [B]a small fee of $5.00[/B] which will be deducted from your Rebate payment. If you are in no rush and do not mind waiting 8-10 weeks and at no cost, we will mail your Rebate payment to you via 1st Class mail after we have received your Rebate documentation and have approved your claim.

[B]a $2.00 monthly service charge[/B] applies but is waived for the initial four (4) months after receipt by cardholder

Gotta love these guys.

Btw, TigerDirect also has single Verbatim BD25s in jewel case free after rebate if that deal is worth it to you.

Edit: Also, to clarify, the statement is one REBATE FORM per envelope. When you sign up your rebate form can include up to 3 cake boxes. So one envelope. Phew. Although they’re still sitting on your money for 10 months.

I thought that there was some law that said gift cards must wait 6 months before a monthly fee could be assessed. IIRC, the limit goes from 1 year to unlimited time if it’s a store specific gift card. This is why gift debit cards have low expiration dates-- they are not intended to be refilled and/or be in the system for long periods of time. Reissuing cost can vary & cost as much as $15. Rebate fulfillments (debit cards) are probably as cheap as 75 cents -$1 for companies such as newegg in bulk processing… that’s why it takes 8-10 weeks as it is done in batches.

Go for these instead, cheaper and so far great results.
http://www.amazon.com/Melody-Premium-Blu-ray-Recordable-Printable/dp/B004DTVJG8/?

For $.10 more a disc, Verbatim are reliable and burn faster. Not worth it to me.
Besides my drive can’t to a quality scan so I wouldn’t know if they were crap until they started failing.

Received my box today. Has anyone tested the ID or done burn testing to see if they are what we expect?

Overall, I am pleased to say that BD-R’s are getting cheaper & cost effective. BD-R recorders… not so much.

I still wonder why the rest of the world pays so much more for BD-R than Japan. The average price for a 50 pack of Verbatim 6x BD-R HTL printables in Japan is 2279¥, which comes out to $22.43 or €16.56 :a:

@Two Degrees - Because they don’t have to be imported into Japan?

Seriously though, I was paying about the same amount for Taiyo Yuden DVD5s not all that long ago. These BD25s still cheaper than good DVD9s.

Now BD50’s need to take a price hit.

IIRC, Japan’s economy tanked after the tsunami and never seemed to recover. This is also after they had to shut down 1/3rd of the country’s nuclear power plant utilization-- putting the economy into recession. To be sure, Japan will try to undercut Taiwan, Korea and China on price for exports-- but that’s tough to do and not get “caught”-- so they have to pick & choose these battles carefully.

BTW, if the cost for an HDTV gets any cheaper… people will stop going to the movie theaters because you’ll have 70"+ screens in your home for under $600 by this time next year. The closer you are to the screen makes up for the larger size at distance.