VERBATIM 100 pks @ O.M. $22.99

vbimport

:iagree:http://www.officemax.com/omax/catalog/sku.jsp?skuId=21223123&category_Id=340
VERBATIM 100 pks @ OFFICE MAX $22.99

You Have To Print Out The Page
And See If Your Store Will Honor It
Otherwise They Jack You 4 $10 Shipping Charge:a

They honor it, but my OM has all MII Verbatim, not for me.:disagree:

Yo-

Several things-

If you buy online - do not be surprised if you receive Made In India media-

To avoid shipping charges with OM - buy over $50 per order and it will be sent free-

[QUOTE=dave.evill;2092947]You Have To Print Out The Page
And See If Your Store Will Honor It[/QUOTE]

It’s in the weekly circular, so that is the sale price in-store. No need to print anything.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2092951]They honor it, but my OM has all MII Verbatim, not for me.:disagree:[/QUOTE]

A lot of folks seem to think that MII Verbs are quite good. Our European friends have had good results with them.

It seems that they are only sending out the weekly circular to major markets. My city has a pop. of 175,000 and they quit putting out their ad about 6 or 7 months ago. I sure miss the days of 22.95 -10 off 20 = $12.95. Trying to get our local OM to match their website is more a miss than a hit.

Rusty

Bought a 100-pack MIT’s (not PAPA or PAP6, just a serial #) @ BB today with price match.

After examining the discs, I’ve found more than half of them have scratches, small nicks & scrapes, and after testing 2 that didn’t, the quality was terrible, to say the least.

Tried burning with my Pioneer DVR-115 @ x12, scanned with LiteOn drive, over 6,500 PIF’s, on both discs, several 3,4,5 spikes, not just a few, scans got worse when scanned on my Samsung drive.

Is this normal for these 100-packs? I tried to find some 50-packs from BB during last weeks sale, but after visiting 5 locations, I only managed to find the old style packaging. MIT PAP6’s. :frowning:

[QUOTE=r_saotome;2094718]Bought a 100-pack MIT’s (not PAPA or PAP6, just a serial #) @ BB today with price match.([/QUOTE]

Those are either Prodisc (Taiwan) or Moser Baer (India).

Were they new or old packaging?

I haven’t used any Prodisc +R, but I did notice that my local BB has switched to almost nothing but that in the 100-pack.

My local OfficeMax still carries nothing but CMC in the +R 100-pack.

You can tell the CMC from the Prodisc in the 100-pack by the height of the lip. The higher lip is CMC.

The India made disks come in a differently styled 100-pack cakebox which immediately stands out from normal.

[QUOTE=r_saotome;2094718]Bought a 100-pack MIT’s (not PAPA or PAP6, just a serial #) @ BB today with price match.

After examining the discs, I’ve found more than half of them have scratches, small nicks & scrapes, and after testing 2 that didn’t, the quality was terrible, to say the least.

Tried burning with my Pioneer DVR-115 @ x12, scanned with LiteOn drive, over 6,500 PIF’s, on both discs, several 3,4,5 spikes, not just a few, scans got worse when scanned on my Samsung drive.

Is this normal for these 100-packs? I tried to find some 50-packs from BB during last weeks sale, but after visiting 5 locations, I only managed to find the old style packaging. MIT PAP6’s. :([/QUOTE]

In my experience the 100 packs seem to contain much poorer quality media
than the smaller packs. I have had my best luck with the 25 and 50 packs in that order with the old style packaging dated 2005. I have used 100 packs with the new style packaging and I will not buy them again. I am just about
to the point of ordering 8x TY +R media online exclusively since I haven’t found any locally since last summer.
budzos

[QUOTE=negritude;2094730]Those are either Prodisc (Taiwan) or Moser Baer (India).

Were they new or old packaging?

I haven’t used any Prodisc +R, but I did notice that my local BB has switched to almost nothing but that in the 100-pack.

My local OfficeMax still carries nothing but CMC in the +R 100-pack.

You can tell the CMC from the Prodisc in the 100-pack by the height of the lip. The higher lip is CMC.

The India made disks come in a differently styled 100-pack cakebox which immediately stands out from normal.[/QUOTE]

They are in the new NEO type packaging. The lip on the discs is TINY. The last time I bought a 100-pack was the old style packaging @ SAM’s, they had a medium LIP & the packaging was light purple, and were PAPA’s.

[QUOTE=budzos;2094739]In my experience the 100 packs seem to contain much poorer quality media
than the smaller packs. I have had my best luck with the 25 and 50 packs in that order with the old style packaging dated 2005. I have used 100 packs with the new style packaging and I will not buy them again. I am just about
to the point of ordering 8x TY +R media online exclusively since I haven’t found any locally since last summer.
budzos[/QUOTE]

Well, not always. When SAM’s was selling the 100-packs in the old style packaging, all I had to do was look for the lighter colored purple packaging with the medium lip, to know I was getting PAPA discs. The quality varied from better than TY T02’s, to good enough for long term storage.

[QUOTE=r_saotome;2094750]Well, not always. When SAM’s was selling the 100-packs in the old style packaging, all I had to do was look for the lighter colored purple packaging with the medium lip, to know I was getting PAPA discs. The quality varied from better than TY T02’s, to good enough for long term storage.

Unless someone knows of a better place, I’m would recommend RIMA for TY DVD+R 8x T02’s, only the shiny, the printable’s are just a bit too expensive. If only RIMA would offer FREE SHIPPING from time to time.[/QUOTE]

I have ordered from them before but my favorites are still the 8x MIJ Sony disks. I also bought a bunch of the 8x Plextor disks a while back and they were TY TO2’s also and they burn damn good also.
budzos

[QUOTE=budzos;2094754]I have ordered from them before but my favorites are still the 8x MIJ Sony disks. I also bought a bunch of the 8x Plextor disks a while back and they were TY TO2’s also and they burn damn good also.
budzos[/QUOTE]

YES, I freaking love those Sony DVD+R 8x MIJ’s!

Last year, during 2 separate sales, I went to every SEAR’s within 50 miles driving distance & cleaned out each of their stock, first on the 50 packs, then on the 25 packs… :slight_smile: Even with the cost of GAS & TAX, still came out ahead, if I had ordered branded TY’s online. :slight_smile:

I still have 4 Plextor DVD+R 8x & 10 Yamaha DVD+R 4x singles in their original wrapping, guess I should use them. :stuck_out_tongue:

I wonder what the Yamaha’s are anyway, they were very expensive, compared to other 4x media at the time.

Anyway, back on topic, to anyone who’s bought from the new NEO 100-packs, should I just look for the medium LIPS that are MIT?

FINALLY! Found a 100-pack of NEO Verbatim’s with the longer lip. They are PAP6, which at first I thought was going to be a disaster, since I’ve never had any luck with this media, but this time was VERY different. Here’s the results…

[B]Media:[/B] Verbatim DVD+R 16x (MCC004), MIT, PAP6 (100-pack, price matched @ BB) burned @ 12x

[B]Burner:[/B] 1st: NEC AD-7200A (FW 1.Z2), 2nd: Pioneer DVR-112 (FW 1.24), 3rd: Pioneer DVR-115 (FW 1.18), 4th: Samsung SH-S203B (FW SB04)

Is there a FW for either Pioneer drive that gets rid of the PIF spikes?

interesting thanks for the post. Im thinking of picking up a some verbatim media.