Verb TYG03, Jitter Lower Than 8% Possible?

vbimport

I don’t have much experience with TYG03 so i was wondering if any of you guys has managed to burn a disc with the jitter lower than 8%. I’ve tried at x8,12 and 16 in both my 20A1H and 111D and the lowest i can seem to get is around 9 1/2% with my 111D at x8 although there’s always a cluster of PIF’s at the beginning of the disc like the scan. The discs are Verbatim x16 batch GH007016. The second scan doesn’t have a large clump at the beginning although i can’t remember what speed i done that at.

Verbatim branded TY is usually quite crap, expecially TYG03 Verbatim.

I could get it under 8% but not if I scanned with my BenQ. It really depends which drive you scan with. Some drives are just more sensitive and report higher jitter whereas others like to report low jitter on a wide range of burns.

For me it’s very hard to get lower than 8% jitter in my BenQ 1620, whereas my liteons both like to report lower jitter.

I’ve had exactly one scan of TYG03 showing Jitter < 9% and the rest have been around 9.4% - 10 %

I simply cannot get this media to burn with lower Jitter than around 9.5% as reported by my LiteOn 165P6S scanning drive.

My best Jitter results so far are with the Pioneer DVR-111 series at 6x and the Pioneer DVR-112 series also at 6x (but my 111 produces lower PIE/PIF than my 112).

Please keep in mind that the scanning drive also plays a big part in the kind of Jitter level you see - some drive models report lower Jitter than others and some individual drives report lower Jitter than other drives of the same model.

[QUOTE=cd pirate;2046808]Verbatim branded TY is usually quite crap, expecially TYG03 Verbatim. [/QUOTE]

They definentaly don’t seem too great, the TYG02’s under Verb brand was very good. Although of recent looking about i haven’t come across any 50 disc spindles of MCC03RG20 disc’s, all the 50 spindles i have seen have been TY.

What about burning with a 115 was thinking of getting one soon any ways.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2046810]Please keep in mind that the scanning drive also plays a big part in the kind of Jitter level you see - some drive models report lower Jitter than others and some individual drives report lower Jitter than other drives of the same model.[/QUOTE]

I always keep that in mind my good man.

[quote=cd pirate;2046808]Verbatim branded TY is usually quite crap, expecially TYG03 Verbatim. [/quote] Even Plextor and Panasonic branded TYG03 don’t produce Jitter lower than 9% for me using my burners and LiteOn 165P6S and BenQ 1655 scanners.

[quote=Jedi Master Yoda;2046818]What about burning with a 115 was thinking of getting one soon any ways.[/quote] I’ve tested a single Panasonic branded TYG03 at 8x in my Pioneer 115D 1.06 and it had roughly the same Jitter as other TYG03 burns using the 111 and 112 ~ 9.3 % - 9.8 % (scan variation)

I’m curious what’s the % that ideally you want to be under ? i mean when scanning on a 8EEC scanner the max PIF to be under is 8 if i recall and the PIE under, mmmm can’t remember what that number was but what about the jitter %.

:iagree: Scanner is as (if not more) important as burner used. Same disc scanned in two new, unflashed, untouched 20A4P’s (first a November 2007 build, second is December 2007). Not TYG03, but you get my drift ;).

[quote=Cressida;2046831]:iagree: Scanner is as (if not more) important as burner used. Same disc scanned in two new, unflashed, untouched 20A4P’s (first a November 2007 build, second is December 2007). Not TYG03, but you get my drift ;).[/quote] Dang! And here I was thinking that 1.5% variation in Jitter was not unusual, but that’s 4% !!! :eek:

[QUOTE=cd pirate;2046808]Verbatim branded TY is usually quite crap, expecially TYG03 Verbatim.[/QUOTE]

I’d agree about the 16x Verbatim TYs :iagree:

Off-topic, but my Verbie T02 are very nice…can’t understand why Verbie TY quality slipped with the 16x discs :doh:

I made once with SONY brand TYG03 Post #1082
18X burn [B]Jitter[/B] [B]Avg 7.81[/B] Max 9.6
Thanks for the single post DrageMester :slight_smile:

Link to single post: http://club.cdfreaks.com/1890161-post1082.html

Anybody got lower? :slight_smile:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/2029489-post1549.html

Low yes and nice but its not TYG03 media though.

[QUOTE=cd pirate;2046808]Verbatim branded TY is usually quite crap, expecially TYG03 Verbatim.

I could get it under 8% but not if I scanned with my BenQ. It really depends which drive you scan with. Some drives are just more sensitive and report higher jitter whereas others like to report low jitter on a wide range of burns.

For me it’s very hard to get lower than 8% jitter in my BenQ 1620, whereas my liteons both like to report lower jitter.[/QUOTE]

Agree!!:iagree::iagree:

Liteon sometimes gives good jitter result but normally scans with BENQ the jitter could be really high.

Here’s my Panny’s jitter result - but it should be the DC jitter result.

Here’s another sample - another Panny scanned with 20A4P which is not (only) reporting DC jitter.

Hmmm my best results in my pioneer 111L just like Drage’s also came from writing @ 6x with the Verb TYG03.

I strongly believe in using two scanners these days. Preferably of different models. Some people may show 6% jitter averages but whack that disc in a BenQ or different liteon and you might have some massive differences. I believe that the burn is better if I get low jitter scans on two completely different types of scanner.

Unfortunately i don’t have to different scanning drives so i’ll have to make do but i will try burning on a x6 on my 111D.

[QUOTE=SlayeRBoxeR;2046939]Here’s another sample - another Panny scanned with 20A4P which is not (only) reporting DC jitter.[/QUOTE]

What brand is your TYG03 ??? and Batch # ???

This is about how much good i can squeeze out of TYG03. I like it a lot but can’t get it down to 8% jitter (with my scanner) :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Burnsama;2048095]What brand is your TYG03 ??? and Batch # ???

Hi Burnsama,

They are Panasonic branded.

Stamper:: GH000149

Hub:JH625A302XXXGH