Verb -R package change ?!

[QUOTE=leeperry;1931705]well it’s been discussed here already, and I think keeping old stock is not a very good option…

the sooner you burn it, the better :flower:[/QUOTE]

If media can last 100 years as they claim, why wouldn’t it last that long even when unburnt? I’ve used MCC002 media, which was possibly made over 3 years ago and it burns absolutely great. Keeping your media sealed and unburnt is far less risky than unsealing it and burning if you ask me.

Ritek G05 don’t degrade before writing, do they?

We’ve both variations of the 50pc spindles here. The newer wrapping has some chinese characters with Hong Kong and China addresses and a small note to say the media works up to 18x. This is for the DVD+R spindles, but there’s no reason why it should be different from the DVD-R versions.

The cakeboxes are the same though. Typical TY 50pc spindle :flower:

here’s a [picture.

[QUOTE=Darth Boy;1932866]here’s a [picture.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the last one I received from NEWEGG.com, looked just like that. Only mine was the 100 spindle. I first thought I bought the wrong one. LOL I ran a blank through DVD IDENTIFIER just to make sure I had the right blanks. I did notice something else missing from the disc. Near the middle of the disc where it usually says Verbatim and DVD+R 16x in white letters, well that was missing.

[QUOTE=Darth Boy;1932866]here’s a [picture.[/QUOTE]

Well at least the TYs are still easily identifiable. Thanks for the pic. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=QuickDrawMcGraw;1932872]Yeah, the last one I received from NEWEGG.com, looked just like that. Only mine was the 100 spindle. I first thought I bought the wrong one. LOL I ran a blank through DVD IDENTIFIER just to make sure I had the right blanks. [B]I did notice something else missing from the disc. Near the middle of the disc where it usually says Verbatim and DVD+R 16x in white letters, well that was missing[/B].[/QUOTE]

This is normal . I’ve got older Prodisc made Verbatims in 100 spindle with these letters and other 25 spindles from CMC and they didn’t have these words

[QUOTE=minaelromany;1933375]This is normal . I’ve got older Prodisc made Verbatims in 100 spindle with these letters and other 25 spindles from CMC and they didn’t have these words[/QUOTE]This annoying trait with white letters was quite common with Verbies in the old US design, though!

Huh? A white “Made in Japan” sticker? :confused:

[QUOTE=kg_evilboy;1933411]
Huh? A white “Made in Japan” sticker? :confused:[/QUOTE]

If you’re referring to my picture, I think the sticker is pasted by Verbatim Singapore for “marketing” purposes :iagree:

[QUOTE=kg_evilboy;1933411]This annoying trait with white letters was quite common with Verbies in the old US design, though![/QUOTE]

For the inkjet printable +/-R 8/16X CMC and/or Prodisc, the color of letters are BLACK.

o’right MCC03RG20 from CMC is slightly better than Prodisc for me :bow:

both discs were burned on the same day, with ONES at 8X on my Pioneer 108.

they were checked with KProbe2 on a Liteon XJ-HD166S at 6X.

don’t bother with the spikes, these are known bugs of the drive chipset :wink:

I’m starting to become a Mitsubishi fanboy actually, they make the best media and the best projectors(my HC3100 kicks some serious butt :bigsmile: )

where Mitsui Toatsu Chemicals and Sanyo have failed me in the past, Mitsubishi delivers!!! :clap:

maybe I’ll get myself a Mitsu’ ride someday :kiss:

[QUOTE=leeperry;1936758]o’right MCC03RG20 from CMC is slightly better than Prodisc for me :bow:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info - I usually use +R (I should have mentioned that hehe). :slight_smile: