Verb -R package change ?!

hey fellas,

I’m used to buy Verb -R 16X here in europe.

they’ve had the navy blue package since forever.

and today I’ve got packs that look like this :

Verb have the 2 different packages on their website :
http://www.verbatim-europe.com/index/product.php?cat_id=13&sub_cat_id=23&pid=46&lang_id=1

I love the CMC made MCC03RG20…and these are MIT, and carry the same —DVR---- code in the hub, and they have the same stinky glue smell.

so did they just change the packaging, and also the layout on the disc itself for change’s sake ?

or did I end up with US stock ?
I think I’ve already seen this package on meritline or sumthing.

or are these made by Prodisc ? :frowning:

thanks for any insight :bow:

actually, how can I find out if my MIT is CMC or Prodisc pls ?

I think my last batch was Prodisc, and it burned a lot better than my CMC on my Pioneer 108 ?!?!

if I check the hub codes on here :
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f33/any-difference-between-mitsubishi-verbatim-made-singapore-vs-taiwan-226508/index2.html

Prodisc only has one letter at the end, the last 3rd character.

When CMC has mixed letters/numbers ?!

those new discs hub code start with MAP64

Anything starting with MAP is made by CMC. Verbatim decided to unify its packaging worldwide so it all looks the same now.

ok thanks.

CMC and Prodisc Verb’ -R 16X are same quality ?! :bow:

they carry the same DVR code on the outter hub, and the same glue smell…so they’re basically the same, huh ? :smiley:

[QUOTE=leeperry;1931666]

CMC and Prodisc Verb’ -R 16X are same quality ?! :bow:[/QUOTE]

FWIW, I’ve had equally good results with both CMC and Prodisc ones. :slight_smile:

I’ve just started to see the new packaging here in the UK, too.

ok great, thanks for the info…I paid so little money for these, I thought I ended up with crap media :smiley:

BTW last time I checked some freshly bought Prodisc -R 16X Verb with some old ass 2 year old stock of mine, the results were quite different.

both were very good, but the newest batch was twice better…so I guess even thought there’s no best before end, the sooner you burn your media, the better it will end up…huh ?!! :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=leeperry;1931698]…so I guess even thought there’s no best before end, the sooner you burn your media, the better it will end up…huh ?!! :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

LOL I hope not, I’ve still got 4x TY -and +R sitting here unburned! :bigsmile:

well it’s been discussed here already, and I think keeping old stock is not a very good option…

the sooner you burn it, the better :flower:

[QUOTE=leeperry;1931705]well it’s been discussed here already, and I think keeping old stock is not a very good option…

the sooner you burn it, the better :flower:[/QUOTE]The problem with that is there is no born on date like beer for instance :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=leeperry;1931705]well it’s been discussed here already, and I think keeping old stock is not a very good option…

the sooner you burn it, the better :flower:[/quote]
I have TYG01 from 3 years ago and they burn as good today as they did 3 years ago.:wink:

[QUOTE=leeperry;1931705]well it’s been discussed here already, and I think keeping old stock is not a very good option…

the sooner you burn it, the better :flower:[/QUOTE]
As Arachne said, I also have some quite old media that I have had for 2~3 years and its was classed as older then, but as I see it as long as you keep it well, i.e. look after it they way suggested, there should not be a problem.
I have it kept in a dark place where the temperature stays very much the same and its not moved or mucked about much, I also keep my important archive stuff here as well.

Strangely, I haven’t seen the new packaging on the 100-pack here in the U.S. yet. It’s only shown up on the 50-pack.

negritude, I’ve seen the new packaging for the 100 packs at Sam’s Club. They should also start showing up at Micro Center and Office Max.

I saw yesterday on Mediamarkt, the new packages of the Verbatim, look at it, 2007 MIT, and they were Advanced Azo (not +).
And the package was violet… lol. (dvd+r)

They have the new packaging at Best Buy in my area now… this was the first time I had seen Prodisc made neo-Verbs. I picked up a pack of DVD-R for my DVD recorder. They seem pretty nice quality. Burned here at 12x with the 1640.

I like those…
I bought MII dvd+r (2004 batch) guess what… it seems they spilled spices on the dvds, they’re all dusty, and the 1st one had some scary PIF on the end (massive block of 4 pif) Still smooth trt.

[quote=Dalen Quaice;1932336]They have the new packaging at Best Buy in my area now… this was the first time I had seen Prodisc made neo-Verbs. I picked up a pack of DVD-R for my DVD recorder. They seem pretty nice quality. Burned here at 12x with the 1640.[/quote] Thats an awesome scan. I never can get dash media to scan like that… Congrats.:iagree:

[QUOTE=alan1476;1931717]I have TYG01 from 3 years ago and they burn as good today as they did 3 years ago.;)[/QUOTE]

I’m tempted to burn one of mine to see how it is now…but I firmly believe that the sooner you burn it the better thing is a total fallacy. Why would people stock up if it’s going to ‘go off’?? Just see the rare thread

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f33/how-much-would-you-pay-rare-stuff-231189/

I don’t know about date of manufacture or best before date, but here,in Canada, all Verbatim labels have the year stamped on it. I’ve been burning 2004’s,'05,'06s plus without any problems. However, a few of the 04’s burnt in my new Sammy 203B does not have as nice of scan as my '05s or '06s. Whereas my Philips 2410 (Lite-On rebadged) burns all all of them with similar results which is good and no playback problems.:flower:

Well, one can’t always go by the date on the label. I have some MCC004 in a 100 pack; the label says 2005 but checking the hub serials the discs were manufactured in 2006.